• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone been out this week. Trying to get caught up with work and home chores. Rained all day, water cooling off. Plan on going to Truman or Stockton tomorrow...hope it's some good fishing.

I went out on West Battle and the water levels are pretty darn low. I found larger bass in 20 feet of water trolling cranks.

I didn't find any bass in the shallows. It was a clear, sunny, calm day. Couldn't ask for better weather, so maybe that effected the bite.

Fished for muskies and found fish in about 2 feet of water sun bathing. They saw my lures and fled! Also caught a brand new Inhaler bucktail with a leader and all! smile.gif

Ditto the comment about bigger bass on deep cranks, even beyond the weed edge and out on the clean lip in certain cases. Trolling can be a very effective presentation method to locate those 16-20 foot deep fish so you can get your bait down and keep it down. Medium-heavy casting gear and braided line helps "rip" the bait free when contacting that deep coontail that holds so many fish. Lots of strikes occur just as you rip free, plus you get lots of bonus (other) fish, too. If you get more than a couple fish in one area, go back through with a vertical presentation to really clean up. Heavy jig/pork combos can be fished pretty fast, even in deep water...not much need for small baits/slow presentations this time of year...these critters are hungry and fat as footballs!

I have noticed much more activity in the shallows, too, but seems to be mostly smaller fish at this time. That can/will change as we move into fall, especially if we get a few overcast/drizzly days.

Good Luck!

FLB

Would like to come up again in late October. How do you think the bass fishing would be at that time. Just wondering

FALL FISHING IS HOT UP HERE IN THE FALL BUT IT IS ALL SO VERY COLD TEMP WISE I KNOW LAST YEAR I WAS ICE FISHING IN NOVEMBER!!!!SO IF YOU COME UP IN OCT MAKE SURE TO BRING LONG UNDER WEAR!!!

George, come up in Oct. the bass fishing just gets better. Rattle baits on shallow flats, 6 to 8 feet deep will keep you in fish all day long. I fished into Nov. last year and was catching fish until freeze-up.
I was out today, 2 smallies over 20", water temp. was at 67, the bite is starting.

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com