• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Ottertail week of 9/13

Ben's Bait in Battle Lake, right on the main drag. Great bait, service, and info! Good Luck!

minneman

FYI, I heard the pelican lk access has been closed due to low water, just passing this along.

FLB

Try Ken's Tackle on the west end, just north of Zorba's for great bait and info.
FLB

Crow Hunter

I will be on Ottertail for the first time next week. Will minnows be the bait of choice by then? What bait shop(s) do you guys like in the area? We will likely be pulling some crankbaits in shallow water at night also; any recommended areas for that? We will be staying on the southeast side.
Thanks for any help, good fishing to everybody.

Deemo

We fished ottertail last weekend. The low water made it really hard to launch. Heard a report of one guy taking out a lower unit trying to power up on to his trailer. Took two of us in the water to get my T-Pro off.
Everyone was having probs. Guys with bunk trailers couldnt launch at all. Only saw one with bunks launch successfully but it took 3 teenagers and their dad to dang near lift the thing off. Getting back on was easy with the winch. I made my brother do it!!!
Motoring out is iffy at best. The first 50 to 100yds is only about 2ft deep. I used my t-motor to get out. Didnt want to suck up a bunch of sand into the main motor. Saw others without t-motors using oars. I cant afford 5 grand for a new motor so I played it safe.

If you pick up a map we fished the north side of gramps island. Most fish were from 20 to 30 ft of water. We used minnows and spinners. Also the fish we kept were spittin out half digested minnows. Fishin was good in 3hrs we had 40 perch and 2 walleyes. Good luck. Pray for rain. Hands crampin up grin.gif......

Deemo......Yeah....That public access by the river outlet is a killer. I put some nice dings in my prop going out from there a week ago last Friday. I had the trim up almost so the prop was partially out of the water too. You also need to be careful out in front of the OTL campgrounds. Those rockpiles out there are not marked and sneak up on you mighty fast.....That access is always fun. Such a high volume of boats there and if the rocks don't get you, the current will suck your boat off the dock!!..........T