• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
stoneeyes317

Info on Star Lake @ the end of August, please

stoneeyes317

Hello all:

I know this is a bit early, but I am fortunate enough to be able once again to visit the Ottertail area, and Star specifically, from 8/23 -8/30. We are going to be staying @ Eberts, a GREAT place to stay, and Jim there put me on some nice crappies 2 years ago. I am O.K. there, but was wondering if anyone could shed some light on walleyes and northerns for me. I'd even take some tips for bass. I will be out with my wife, who likes to bobber fish, some of the time, but I will get out on my own some as well. I would like to concentrate on live bait rigging, or jigging, which is something I've just begun to do. My dad always took me to Rush Lake as a kid, and all we did was drag spinners and minnows around...

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, and I would be willing to trade my crappie spots/info.

eyes317

Stoneeyes317,
Late Aug. on Star can be a challenge to be sure. I'll give you an update later on. You should have a good nightime crankbait bite, provided you bring along 10 gallons of Deet! email me at [email protected] for more info. Do you have access to a GPS unit? Let the anticipation build! Kent

------------------
AGA
Alexandria Guide Association
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

stoneeyes317

Firenfish:

Look for an email about Thursday evening or Friday afternoon. And yes, I have a GPS, a Garmin Etrex.

eyes317

stoneeyes317

Bump....

eyes317

Stoneeyes317,

My girlfriends parents have a trailer at Star and I'm heading up in a few days for a week of fishing. I'm fine on the walleye and northern in the lake, but haven't really gotten into the crappies. I would love to trade some tips with you. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can trade some tips if you'd like. I will also be up there a week before you in August and should be able to give you some updated info. You're right, Ebert's is a great resort with an awesome beach.

Rusty

stoneeyes317

Rusty:

Sorry it has taken me so long to post back; our server was down, for us anyway, from Fri. until last night. I will be emailing you in a couple of days. I am also going to post some general questions in the crappie/sunfish forum. You might want to take a look there as well...

eyes317

stoneeyes317

Rusty:

Check the "midday crappies" post in the Sunfish/Crappie forum if you want some crappie info...

eyes317

Stoneeyes,

I just got back this afternoon. The walleyes are really slow up there right now. I'll look for your email soon.

Rusty

stoneeyes317

Rusty:

I tried to email you Sat. evening, but it was sent back to me as undeliverable...

[email protected] is right, isn't it??
My email is [email protected]; it might work better if you email me first???

eyes317

Also, I noticed from your profile that you live in Faribault; so do I.

Stoneyes,

I just saw your post. I will email you right now.

Rusty

stoneeyes317

Bump...

eyes317