• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Flipnripem

Finally the time has come to venture to god`s part of the world. Just wanted to get some feedback on the status on the lake. I know you don`t personally fish Star much, but your usually on the pattern`s at the time. So what`s going on up there? Are the bull`s on the bed`s yet? I would like to get the kid`s on some of those hulk like pannies. They are a blast in anybody`s boat. I did get my fish back from last year`s trip and she is really pretty. Now ALL THOSE BIG FEMALES GO BACK. Really pumped to get up there. My 10 year old daughter even asked if she had fresh line on her reel`s for the trip. Sweet! If you or anybody else reading have some updated info for us, it`s always appreciated. Thanks Flip

Paul Rohweller

Hey flip! As of tuesday night I'm still lindyrigging shiner minnows in 16 to 24 ft of water, they have been outdoing the "tubbed" baits 4 to 1 in my boat, the spinner/crawler leech thing I think should be going by this weekend. Water temps were running 64 to 66 degrees and the deeper weedlines are starting to show up decent. find a windblown edge and go to work! You did it last summer! Yes the gills are bedding too.MMMMMMM lolo Have a fun trip !!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Flipnripem,
Had some clients on Star last sat. We found some nice fish in 8-12' weed lines. The weather was cloudy and 15 mph wind from the east.I agree with Paul, this weekend with sun and light wind look a little deeper and stay with light fireballs and golden shiners. Noticed there was quit a bug hatch, so might be time to try the crawlers, leech rigs.Good Luck and enjoy !
Kent

------------------
AGA
Alexandria Guide Association
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Flipnripem

Thanks guy`s, this is why I enjoy spending my time on the FM website. People are always willing to stick there neck`s out for a fellow fisherman. Nine day`s straight on the water is never enough! Saturday start`s out with a bass tourny on a local sweet spot. I do believe I`ve got them pinned down, and that`s a good way to start a tourny day! As soon as I get home it`s load the kid`s in the van and a six hour road trip to heaven. May even look you up this year. My inlaw`s converted the lake house to a permanent and installed a dell. Thanks again, Flip

Flipnripem

Fellas, I just finally got back to reality today. Man wordk does cut into a guy`s fishing time. Picture perfect weather for a jet skier or a sun seeker. Don`t get me wrong I did enjoy the weather and the kid`s caught a ton of gill`s. Most of them went back for a trip this fall? Bass have my number on this lake? Is it possible that a lake with awsome weed lines and perfect habitat for bass doesn`t hold a fishable population of bass? Anyhow, some part`s of the lake have a good jump on summer. The cabbage is coming along good. If you could find a thick patch, there were a lot of fish of all species. Yep even the bullheads were on the bite. I had a hard time with the eye`s untill fri. The wind blew a bit, I`d guess 25 to 30 for three day`s in a row. That really positioned the fish. Pretty tough to stay on them consistantly. Managed a limit on sat. and a bunch of them snake`s. Did pull the boat on thur. and went to Dead for the day. Nice water and plan to get back again someday. Sorry I don`t have any big fish storie`s, but again it is a treat to able to fish the lake`s area. P.S. why does a guy that fished 10 day`s straight want to get back on the water the next day? Flip