• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone know if the shinners are still running on Ottertail ? Does 'Kens Bait Shop' still have them ? I fished Ottertail on opener weekend and did pretty well. I'll be out there again this weekend and was wondering if the fish moved to a different holding pattern?

I was catching eyes by drifting with a 9 foot lindy rig, with a white hook. What else works ? Thanks

I've found the blue/glow 3/8ths oz scenic tackle jig tipped with a shiner does pretty well out there when the walleyes are in that 15 to 25 ft range. Night fishing crankbaits on the flats is one of my favorite ways. Lindy rigging shiners turns its fair share of fish also. Right now as long as theres fish under your boat you really cant go wrong... Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

When tossing crankbaits at night, how deep are you? I'm staying at Three Season Resort this weekend. Are there good flats to fish at night near there ? I've heard good things about Greenwood Flats, where are those located?

They are located south of the pier. If you know where the greenwood apartments are just straight out from those.

Thers also the Amor flats that are close to you if your at 3 seasons.
Just do a little scouting during the day to find the location.
the best way i can explain it is, they are on the North side, but NOT past the point,
when scouting you should be able to see Amor park, pull your cranks out there at night too,
try going in and out as well, instead of back and forth, they run pretty shallow from shore pretty far out into the lake.
Heck, I've even had pretty good luck pulling cranks going back and forth from the camp grounds up to about when your inline with the access near Zorbaz, and then even in fron of 3 seasons,Barkeys, nifty nook, as far as that goes.