• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was wondering how everybody did over the opener. I wasn't able to make it out but I have the day off tomorrow and I am going to give it a try. Probably on ottertail. Any info would be appreciated. I will post my results. Thanks in advance.

Hey i went out on Saturday and caught 17 keepers (15-18 inches) in like 2 1/2 hours
We caught them in like 18 to 20 feet using shiners with a floursent green (gamigatsu) hooks.

Josh

Well you did better than we did. We caught 5 keepers (14-17") mostly in the evening. We were fishing mainly on Grandpa Island in 10 feet with slip bobbers and shiners.

Saturday evening was better (10 walleyes) than the morning (8 walleyes) for us. We located fish and the action was steady with a jig below the boat or slip bobbers in 10 to 12 ft.

Sunday morning was absolutely brutal, only went because a friend with us was from the cities - a 612'er if you know what I mean. We did catch one walleye surprisingly.

Three of us went out Saturday afternoon for 5 hours and boated 2 nice eyes. Lost 4 at the boat. I caught an eel pout of all things.

We found lots of activity in break line weeds in 10 feet of water with jigs/minnow combo. I just wish I could have hooked them better. frown.gif

Went out yesterday from noon till three and caught three keeper walleyes and one jumbo perch. You had to be in ten feet of water right on the break. Didn't get a bite at any other depth.