• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any recent reports?

I will be up Friday through Sunday or Mon. with my father and the family. I was wondering how the fishing has been as I haven't had a chance to make it up for quite a while. Not sure if we should start with downriggers or bait rigs. What has been better in general, N.S.E. or W.?

Angle Report (what I posted on another thread)<P>The first place I would hit are the reefs. The best producers I've found top out at 9 ft and go down into the 20's. The fish have been hitting pretty steady, and are still going to be out there for awhile. Try spinners with minnows/crawlers, and if thats not working, start pulling some crankbaits. If still you have not found walleye on the reefs after that barrage, head to the shorelines. As the weeks progress, slowly, they'll start moving back into the shallower water. Target them here with the same methods used out on the reefs. Start anywhere from 17 ft up to 6. <P>---------------------------<P>Monday Baitfishing report from Warroad<P>Baitfishing out of Warroad is really slowing down, fish are still to be caught, but its work finding them. Hard to find a pattern now with fish scattered. Try everywhere from 7 feet to 18, experiment and let the fish tell you how deep, how fast they are willing to hit (if trolling) whether they want crawlers, leeches, minnows ect...Its a hit and miss game of right now, you'll catch fish if you put a little effort in with no problems, but its certainly not easy. <P>---------------------<P>Downrigging Report<P>I went out downrigging from Baudette with some great success. Our boat of 6 boated well over 50 walleye, with my cousin catching a 8.5 pound walleye and a 11.5 pounder that I caught, pictured, and released. <P><BR>FF

<BR>Hogeye, the rocks from long pt. to zipple bay were producing on sat. and sun. The "fleet" of charter boats were rigging a few miles to the north of there. Like ff. said I'd work the rocks first then pull plugs. Lots of small fish.

We did pretty well this weekend. We we're only out for a while on Saturday, and the afternoon on Sunday. <P>We fished the rocks on Saturday and didn't get any bites so we headed west into the main lake to try the downriggers. Their were so many boat just East of us right on the Canadian border that you just about could have walked on water. We caught some fish that day but overall things we're a little slow.<P>Sunday we limited out downrigging and must have released around 50. It was all I could due just to keep my 2 lines down on the downriggers, but that's a good problem to have. We did try in by the gap, but things we're slow and the couple fish we picked up in a long drift we're pretty small.<P>Steve H. will know what I mean, and we're still hopeful something will happen but it was already snatched up by the time we went for it on monday. <P>Later, Ryan

My son and I went out from Arnesen's yesterday. The waves were a little too large for bait fishing so we down rigged all day, we kept a combination of 12 eater walleye and large sauger, and returned about 30 more. Fun day!

We fished saturday between the twins & gull rock. Spinners and leeches, jigs & leeches, spinners & crawlers...they all worked!! Kept 11....mostly in the 13 to 15 inch range, biggest was 24"....33 to 35 ft around the rocks seemed to be the best.<P>------------------<BR>Is there a limit on these things?<BR> Lichen Fox

Fished Sat. North of the twins. First fish was 24 and the next was 32. Also, had another that would not come off the bottom and spit the hook after 30 seconds of stand off. On Friday the same angler that caught the 32.5 on Sat caught one the same size! Two hogs in two days. I was just glad I didn't loose my lunch...

Four of us bait fished in 7-24 ft. on Sunday morning for 3 hrs. and boated 1 small sauger. Put the riggers down and in 2 hrs. kept 20, the biggest 23 in. The best depth in front of Pine was 28 ft.<BR>Tillie

Scat, I had a group out north of Twin I. on sat. and sun. Your right there was a nice chumming chop on Sat! What type of boat were you in? Were you riggin? Action was real good before all the rain on sunday.<P>------------------<BR><B>Old Guide Charters</B><BR>Lake of the Woods<BR><A HREF="http://fishingmn.com/oldguidecharters/" TARGET=_blank>http://fishingminnesota.com/oldguidecharters/</A><BR>Call Toll Free:1-800-952-(9484)

OG, We were in a red 20 ft. Alaskan with the top up. That is my fathers rig. He also happens to be the lucky/ skillful angler who landed the twin 32s. He lives right there down from the resort. We were using bottom bouncers and crawlers, it was hard to keep the crawlers in the strike zone. I think we may have caught some more tanks then as they were sure there on Sat.

Will be on fri. the 13th., should be on the water by early afternoon, I am thinking I will start rigging first, should I rethink this or will that be my best bet? I will be monitoring the radio and will answer to Polak. What is the best channel to be on? Thanks for the info.

Polak, 6 is good 82, 12 are also good. Curt and I will be in the Long Pt. area. We'll be looking/listening for you! As scat indicated there are some nice fish being caught!!!<P>------------------<BR><B>Old Guide Charters</B><BR>Lake of the Woods<BR><A HREF="http://fishingmn.com/oldguidecharters/" TARGET=_blank>http://fishingminnesota.com/oldguidecharters/</A><BR>Call Toll Free:1-800-952-(9484)

We plan to be up in the same area Friday also, will try to contact you guys by radio. The wind and weather forecast sound very good for Friday. We will be in an 1890 black & gray Lund tiller with a 90 Merc & 15 Merc kicker. Hope to see some of you guys, my handle is the same as my username. <p>[This message has been edited by Kingfisher (edited 08-12-2004).]

Hey! thanks for the help, this will save us some time once we are out there. Am looking forward to spending 3 days (weather permitting) on the water. It will be my only trip up this year. Hope to catch you on the radio. we are staying at Morris Point Resort.

Polak, if you don't feel like cooking, Friday night all-you-can-eat Tacos at Ken-Mar-Kee. Good stuff. <BR>I'll be at the cabin this weekend and get to be a passenger for a change. Will be in a 20' Warrior but I think we will be launching out of Arnesens at least Saturday. My handle is stevej--will give you a holler if things are hot that direction.<BR>Good luck.

Looks like it could be a mini F/M get together on the water the next couple of days!! Now if Kaz can make it.....<P>------------------<BR><B>Old Guide Charters</B><BR>Lake of the Woods<BR><A HREF="http://fishingmn.com/oldguidecharters/" TARGET=_blank>http://fishingminnesota.com/oldguidecharters/</A><BR>Call Toll Free:1-800-952-(9484)

Sorry Guys, I'm heading south to Caledonia for some stream fishing. I'll be thinking of you chowing down those good Tacos at Ken-Mar-Kee when I'm tasting some good rainbows from the fry pan this weekend..Planning to be up on the 26th for a few days though...See you all then....Kaz

Got on the big pond around 2 o'clock on fri(13th). Fished till 7, caught some eaters and a few to take home, saturday was our best day couldn't keep the riggers down for a while pretty busy, a lot of small ones but still some good ones to freeze, sunday was rough out there. Started out by Long Pt. had to work in toward shore, this was our hog day as we caught only 2 fish a 28 inch released, 31 inch released,my 76 year old father in-law caught reeled in the biggest one, biggest walleye he had ever landed and he has fished a lot. Although I did not talk to any of you while out there, your pre-trip tips were nice to have. have a good day everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled cranks about 3mi. East of Long point on saturday in 34-35 fow. Did real well nice fish. Fantastic day to be out on the water.

We too were out on Saturday, Friday was a washout with the wind from the NW at 20/30 and 7 to 8 foot waves at the Gap. Saturday was GREAT day with lots of sun and calm wind from the SW. Boated 28 fish, kept 12 smaller ones, plenty for a fish dinner. We worked west from Knight, 5 to 8 miles toward Long Point, staying in 33/35 FOW. Headed back to the Gap about 3PM for Happy Hour and Dinner!!! Clowns and Blue and Silver Raps produced the best.. Heard about the New Purple Bomber??? from the Adrian clan.. Special order only.. Got to check out that one....Kaz

Kaz, just got back on the lake yesterday. I used some purple little rippers. They worked well!!! Sounds like I'd better look for those purple bombers! We fished 34 ft. caught some nice walleyes one 18.5 sauger 1 16 inch sauger (for the bigger saugers). I hope your winter lodging is holding up in fla. pat<P>------------------<BR><B>Old Guide Charters</B><BR>Lake of the Woods<BR><A HREF="http://fishingmn.com/oldguidecharters/" TARGET=_blank>http://fishingminnesota.com/oldguidecharters/</A><BR>Call Toll Free:1-800-952-(9484)

Hi Pat: I'm going to check them out next Thursday as I'll be over at Adrian's. I heard they were dynamite. Hope to get a lead on where they come from. Billy, on 82 said they were not in the stores yet... I check on my place in FL and other than lots of wind and rain, no other damage. I'm about 12 miles south of Fort Lauderdale and the real damage was started north of there. Thanks for asking... Hope to see you on the pond this fall or hard water fishing.... Kaz

Have been doing well 'downrigging' with snap-on weights using white-jointed #5 deeprunners about 20ft. back from weights at 2.5mph in 34ft. near Long Point and east of Gull Rock. Quite a few released over 21"..and a lot of dinks, too. Great time to be out there...honkers are flying by way to close! Have to get the deeks and dog ready for trip to Saskatchewan...honkers/whitefronts/mallards and walleyes on Tobin Lake.