• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

have any of you guys fished pickeral lake by amor for eyes. i have heard it is a really good lake for big eyes. i guess there is some good rock structure out there for them. if anybody has had any luck let me know.

Pickerel lake walleyes. WEEEE!
I spent tons of time on that lake over the years. In fact its one I always hit opening night if only for an hour or two. There are some nice weedlines on the east end of the lake. Theres not a ton of structure like ottertail but the eyes use whats available. I like night fishing the shallows there, trolling original rapala minnows in 5 ft or less has produced some decent fish. My biggest fish have came out of the weeds during the hottest weather. Watch the thermocline, if it is there and has been hot for a week or two you will have to hit the weeds. The best weeds will be on the windblown side. Its funny, theres not supposed to be walleyes shallow(under 6 ft) on ultra clear lakes during blazing hot bright sunny days. My favorite livebait presentation, a 2 ft lindy rig with a red bead and a river shiner..If you see dead bees, be in the weeds. Have fun and good fishin!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Hey slopper, a friend of mine from NDSU lives on Pickeral Lake and does lots of walleye fishing out there. He said last summer was one of the best he has ever seen. I have never fished the lake for walleyes personally but from what i hear its got some monsters. Take it easy slop

No. But, i know what Piakeral lake you're talking about. The really small one, west of Ottertail.

This one is on the NE side of OT.

Good Lake. I know a guy who caught a 10 outta there last fall. I feel bad thought. They took it out, and mounted it. Also, the slaughter smallmouth out there, and kept everything. I feel responsible. Pickeral seems like a really fragile lake. One of my favorites in the area.