• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

bluebill97

Can someone up in the Ottertail area let me know when the suckers start running? My Grandpa thinks there the best eating fish there is (I think he's nuts) and I would love to try and catch some for him. Does anyone know of some good spots to catch these things? Thanks

Paul Rohweller

Suckers can be pretty good if ya know what your doing. Folks used to can their own fish when I was a wee one, suckers and redhorse mostly. The chosen method of catching them was putting a boat in the river south of perham then proceeding downriver. One guy running the motor and one up front giving directions while holding a long honkin spear. Total chaos usually ensued but it was alot of fun. Really easy to fall out when your up front, I think I ran my dad over once! lolol That water is COLD!! I look for that run to start around april 20th or so, never a sure thing as fish have no calendar to look at.. Good luck and have fun! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

may 1st is the spearing opener. id say it would be safe to assume they would be running at that time, sounds like a few are starting to run down around the glenwood/alexandria area. good luck

deacon

Yeah don't forget the May 1 timeline for spearing. You can always catch some on a nightcrawler. They do taste pretty good ground up (because of all the bones) with crackers and made into patties.

i wouldnt grind em up and eat em if you paid me. if your gonna do anything with em, throw em in the smoker!!

other than that the local game warden told us last year to find a nice field, and the farmer will be grateful. its not wanton-waste if you use them for fertilizer i guess..