• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fish4ever1000

Clitheral Lake smallies

fish4ever1000

I understand that the DNR has recently begun to manage Clitheral (by West Battle L.) for smallies. Has anyone caught any yet? Any size? All I caught last year were largemouths and rock bass. Thanks!

I've caught a few out there. I just started fishing it last year, but I caught about 20 or so. Give that lake three or four years and it'll be a smallmouth machine. I, personally, can't wait.

Most of them are around from 1 to 2 lbs. I'd imagine this season they'll be slightly bigger and more numerous. There's a lot of really good smallie habitat there. Some of which didn't hold any fish at all, which really superised me.

I want to fish it in the spring, and see if there's any natural spawning going on.

fish4ever1000

Thanks for the info. There was some habitat improvement work done on this lake to improve smallie habitat. They created some rock reefs in case you didn't know.