• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gissert

• CPRBASS

• currdogg5

• rwestb

Gogblon -

Maybe I'll try again this next weekend. I'll have to see how things are shaping up later on in the week.

I need to get some more demolition work done in my basement.

Sometimes it is tough for me to shoehorn a little fishing into two days when I am away from home all week.

How much ice was on the lake by the access? I swung by there Saturday evening, but no one was fishng there.

Oh man was it COLD! One truck that was loaded and ready to go would not start Sunday morning and that was it. We had had enough.

I still would like to meet up with you all on Clitherall. I would like to try for bees some evening, Gogblon.

Saturday night was brutal on us. We fished all weekend between Battle and Rush lakes. Rush kicked out a bunch of sunfish on Saturday with the front rolling in (and 4 big bass) crappies never did turn on, just one here, one there the entire weekend.

Yeah, that wind sure was brutal on Saturday. I had a day like that on LOW three years ago on the Canadian side where we fished up tight on the downwind side of an island just to keep from getting launched back to Nestor Falls.

Hopefully the weather will moderate temp wise soon.

Was that you on West Battle out in front of the Shorline?

I saw you guys set up there around 5 pm. Man, that looked cold out there. Looks like you didnt have much company, LOL.

Yes, very cold and no fish after that front rolled in at full force. It wasn't fun out there by 8pm when we packed up.

I did see a couple guys over the weekend who appeared to be tulibee fishing. Their rods were rigged with large daredevils as attractors and small jigs attached underneath the spoons. Looked like a good presentation. I might have to rig up something like that.....anyone tried it?

CD,
Best approach is to use a large silver daredevil and about 1-1.5 foot snell. Under it place a 1/64 oz or 1/32nd oz. jig. Tip it with a waxie. On my other rod I just do the same but with a silver pimple. The pimple gets most of the bites the but big spoon is really to get them there. On Leech last year I had a fish on for 10 minutes screamin line on the big spoon rod. Take a wild guess what was going on there!!!!!!!!

Hey currdogg5 14bees and 50mph on a lake nearby you might know about. Caught them all in 30 mn not too bad. Thanks for the info. See ya

i dont know if any night this week will turn out for me, i have a 4 page paper due on friday and a 4-6 minute speech! right now my eye is also gouged to the max. i have no idea what happened, but its bright red, and it hurts. ALOT. maybe friday night would work out.

gissert- you need help with that stuff and your willing to pay i can be there all day saturday! wink.gif
but sunday im goin fishing for sure. rain or shine OR -20!

and you guys should take em to the locker in fergus. i havent called to check into prices yet, but the last time i brough tulibees to the locker in glenwood, it costed about 10$ to get a dozen smoked.. so its not tooo bad at all.

ohh ya- almost forgot. oodles of ice. 3 1/2 feet probably?? maybe a little more. plenty to drive your truck on, or if you have one, you could just bring your semi too!! lol

Gogblon -

Thanks for the offer to help. I am still in the demolition phase, so I can handle that. How are you at mudding and taping sheetrock?

I agree, Fergus Locker has always done good work on my deer and tullibees. I brought them a grocery sack of tullibees a couple years back and they charged me 7 bucks.

Dunno how this weekend is going to pan out. I may have to make a run to Miltona and pick up some beef. Saturday afternoon we are going to check out some new places to have our Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation banquet at this fall. Since the demise of The Pier, we are scrambling for a venue that can handle a couple hundred folks, plus a large silent and live auction.

That won't leave a lot of time for fishing.

Good luck on that paper/speech deal. I take you are at the CC?

Looks like another darn cold front rolling in for the weekend! Ugghh. This cold is really getting old, fast.

I would be interested in another try for Clitherall on Sunday.

FLB -

We are gonna check out Lenny's on Saturday. The Warden and I just ate there on Valentines. Good grub, and we won twice on the meat raffle.

I am afraid it may be just a bit on the small side. We usually have a LOT of stuff that takes up space.

If push comes to shove, we can probably go to the convention center in Fergus, but we would like to keep it out of town if possible.

have no experience whatsoever with that stuff. sorry.

ill be there sunday morning for sure, rain or shine. i think its supposed to be nicer on sunday anyhow. if things go well on friday night i should be there on saturday morning too. not much goes on here in Fergus on the weekends. or ever for that matter.

ya i go to the CC at the moment. this is gonna be my last year, then i think im just gonna take a break and work for a couple or 8 years. im kinda sick of school and i think my uncle can swing me a job at a fly-in camp in northern canada so i might work there this summer then work guiding around Fergus here with my buddy in the fall hopefully. move to texas in january and work my way back.. actually cant wait to see how it all turns out!

ohh ya- if the weather is decent tomorrow, i might go in the evening for a few hours too. from like 4pm till a little after dark. see how they bite at that time in the day, maybe a guy doesnt need to wake up at 4 AM to get there and set up on time.

CD- wanna go friday night?? leave me a message on here by tomorrow- i should check the site around 10 AM so if you wanna go i might come over that way and give it a try.

Gogblon -

Hope you have good luck this weekend. My dance card is full, so I won't be out.

I'm off from the 15th to the 23rd, so I'll probably fish tullibees sometime between the 15th and the 18th. I'm heading to Canada on the 19th with a bunch of the Shanty guys for lakers and schmittbaures.

Gogblon-
I think I could fish a couple hours this evening. Email me- [email protected]

I am planning on Sunday morning too. I'd like to rig up a "spooner" and see what happens.

Gissert-
Do you do construction? I'm trying to prepare to build a garage this spring/summer. I'd be willing to swap labor smile.gif (My wife and I just finished sheetrock/mud/painting some walls in our home, and the bathroom is next)

aight boys. heres the scoop. according to this someone has replied to me today, but i cant get to that message, because for some odd reason, the computers at this school do not like this site or somethin. i cant read any of the posts from today. please e-mail me at

[email protected]

if you wanna go fishing this weekend or tonight still... its the only way i will be able to get ahold of you it looks like...
thanks

CD -

I am not in the construction trades, but I do enjoy that type of work. I can't stand paying for something I can do myself.

I work for Mesaba Airlines in Minneapolis during the week, and come home on my off days. That does not leave me much time for labor swapping, unfortunately. I'd love to help frame up a garage, but I am tearing out my whole basement, so that is gonna gobble up most of my spare time for a few months. New sheet rock, new bathroom, and egress windows.

Do you live around Clitherall somewhere?

I plan on getting out for 'bees on the 15 to 17th sometime. I used to spear them in a dark house on Stalker when I was a kid. I know a few spots out there where some could be caught.

I hear ya. I just thought I'd ask. smile.gif I hate sheetrock work with a passion (and I have plenty more to go!)

I am adding a new bathroom, and gutting the existing one right now. This weekend would be great to work on it with the terrible cold, but fishing is so much more fun....

Yes, I live in rural Clitherall.

CD-

I'm not too far from you. I live between BL and Underwood on South Turtle.

Good luck fishin if you can tear yourself away from that project.

Time for me to pack up and head for the Underwood Legion. See ya in three hours!

The friday night excursion proved one thing, i think, i think.. tulibees do not bite in the afternoon or evening, because i was set up from about 4 till 7:30 and only got one crappie. pretty poor for me. hopefully when the weather clears up ill be out to clitherall a couple times this week, hit the mornings and try to get a good enough batch for the smoker!!

ohh my.. just looked at the weather and its supposed to warm up dramatically this week. high of 55 on saturday and 47 on sunday according to the weather channel with lows in the lower 30s. if its like that ill definatly be chasin 'bees both days!! maybe even get out once or twice this week.

That weather report sure look good. I'll probably get out on Monday an/or Tuesday morning next week.

I don't know about you, but I definitely will be fishing evenings for those stinky, worthless crappies smile.gif

I will likely be fishing Minnewaska one day this weekend, but would like to join ya for a morning excursion this weekend. Good meeting you, Gogblon.

Ha ha. Ya. It was also good meeting you. Your gonna have to come over to fergus one night if you really wanna get into the crappies. i might get over there one night this week and scout it out for ya even. I dont know for sure if ill be around for the weekend, but i know ill be there on friday, maybe saturday, but i think im gonna go home on saturday. maybe even friday night. we'll see.
all depends on whats goin on.
friday morning is for sure though. theres gonna be 2 of us there already so hopefully the fish should be biting!

HA HA. **** this weekend is supposed to be nice. now we got a high of 55 low of 37 for friday, high of 57 low of 39 for saturday and a high of 49 low of 41 for sunday with rain showers!! Hopefully this weekend will be a HOT bite!!! can only hope! im gonna keep my fingers crossed. lets just hope this weather man has his head on straight, and we can bet that better fishing is very soon to come!!

maybe if i dont nail em pretty good on friday morning, ill have to head up to Little Pine. but thats quite a drive, i suspect id have to be outta the house in fergus by 4 am probably to make it there at any decent time! :o i dont know if i can handle that!!