• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg

Raps on Star Lake

Big Dawg

I am going to be up on Star Lake this week-end. Are there any flats on the lake that one could pull some raps around. I know that there is alot of structure on the lake and I am usually a Lindy Rigger off the drops, but I would like to do some Shad Rappin this weekend. Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Big Dawg

Flipnripem

Big dawg, It`s nice to hear sombody else is on star. I spent a week in june and did VERY well on the eyes. If I was to go back I would fish two spots first. Across from the north landing from the marker bouys east then south. the break is in 14ft and is way out from shore. That is a big flat with some coontail and cabbage on it. Next east of the landing down to the campground, if you have a map you`ll see a trench that cuts from deep water right through the flat into the campground. From there back towards the landing. You`ll also find some nice gills there. Another key factor I learned this year, the lake is not overly pressured and when you see boats running out before dark and stacking up on a spot. Fish there for one good reason, there catching fish. Da! I spent four days avoiding boats in june and for some reason couldn`t find em till I watched the "locals" jerken em in the boat. Let me, us, know how you do! Keep jerken Flip

Big Dawg

I left before your post last Thursday so I never had a chance to try the spots that you mentioned. Do some Rappin though. Didn't find any eyes, but couldn't keep the small northerns off. Where are the 15" to 20" eyes hiding? Caught quite a few 12" to 13" ones, but only a couple big enought to keep. It should be getting better soon. Well try again this weekend.