• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Fishing on Lake Citherall

My family and I are going to be on Lake Clitherall next week for a vacation of fishing and skiing. Since this is our first trip to the area, can anyone tell me about the fishing on the lake?

You'll like Clitherall. I have stayed on this lake for a week each year for the past eight years at Oak Park Resort. We go in the first half of June, so the fishing will be somewhat different for you, but I'm sure you will do well. The lake is an excellent all-around fishery. Walleyes, largemouth bass, crappie, sunfish are all good. Also some northerns but typically small. Also, this lake has smallmouth bass (catch and release only). The DNR started a "re-introduction" program a few years ago on smallies here. I caught a couple nice ones in June. There are many good places to fish here, one of my favorites is the weedbeds along the western shore of the southern lobe of the lake. Good crappies and bass here, and walleyes if you go out deeper. I'm not a huge walleye hunter like most people up there, but it is an excellent walleye lake. Just ask your resort owner or even better, stop at Ben's Bait on the south side of the town of Battle Lake. They'll know about walleyes. Also, depending on conditions, try where the flowage from Crane Lake goes into Clitherall on the far south end of the southern lobe, right next to the public boat ramp. If the flow is heavy, your chances will be better, because minnows could be thick in there and the gamefish will be after them, gorging. My brother-in-law and I caught and released over 100 bass and bluegills in 7 hours fishing from shore there two years ago, mostly average or better size. They ate anything that moved. Since you've never been on the lake, watch out for the underwater point that separates the eastern and western lobes of the lake. It is very rocky and goes from 20+ feet of water to less than two feet very quickly. It is usually well-marked with buoys. This is also where I caught the smallies.