• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I stopped in at the Holiday Store in Fergus Falls to pick up some crappie minnows, the 1st thing I noticed was that their little yellow scoop was gone. I thought how am I going to buy a scoop of minnows if they don't have a scoop for me to use??... Well I looked a little closer and noticed that the crappie minnows are now $1.39 a dozen. That didn't bother me too much...Maybe things are not going so good for the minnow man I thought??. I put as close to 12 minnows in the bag and tied it off. As I was walking up to the till I noticed that about half of the minnows in the bag were Stickle Backs. I asked the clerk who was in charge of the minnows and he said he didn't have anything to do with them, he then asked what was the problem. I explained to him that about half of their crappie minnows were Stickle Backs... He then asked is that "bad"???, I said only if you want to catch fish. rolleyes.gif Well I still wanted a few minnows to fish with and I had them all bagged up so... I just gave him the $1.39.

Has anyone else noticed this when they were buying minnows in Fergus Falls??? And if you have been getting "good" minnows where do you buy them??? Thanks.

------------------
Just Having Fun!
Love to Fish.

I buy my bait at the Conoco store in Underwood. Crappie minnows are sold by the scoop, and he keep good quality minnows.

Not sure on his prices, however.