• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishermatt

opening day predictions

fishermatt

So what lake, depth and bait do you think will be hot on Opening day?? We need some action on this forum! I'll be on Otter Tail in 15-20 feet with a shiner on my lindy rig. What do you think will be hot??

Scoot

Unless we get a quick and major turn around in the weather I'm thinking pretty shallow- 12 feet and less on a lot of lakes. Clearer lakes maybe in the 10-15 foot range like you said Fishermatt.
Unfortunately, I'll be in a wedding on opening day- can you believe that! Who the hell gets married on opening fishing? Oh-well, it'll be a fun wedding and I'm looking forward to it.
Scoot

Havin' Fun

Scoot,

That's a real good one. Wedding on fishing opener....I was in one last year. I truely feel your pain.

I will start real shallow, but don't be surprised if you find fish deeper. Leeches, shinners and crawlers on jigs and lindy's.

Paul Rohweller

I'll be on the tail in 8 to 25 ft jigging shiners. My prediction? It's gonna be a good opener. If someone in my family got married on that date nobody would show up. About 9pm the night before opener I also predit my wife will give me a dirty look when I say, goodbye hun, see ya after deer hunting! lolol Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

deacon

I think it is setting up for a good opener, just about all the walleyes have spawn, the next major run is the shinners and they have been somewhat delayed by the weather. Therefore, I will be fishing Otter tail in less than 10ft, depending on the wind of course. If it is winding and cold somewhere else, like Star will be my choice. Lindy rig or jig is my choice with a little bobber fishing if we get on the spot. I have had great luck by switching to a bobber if you can locate fish, try it.

Out

Biggestfish

I think I will be sitting on my dock on Heilberger, Maybe not the best place in the world to catch a Walleye....But I think it will be a little less crowded. Good luck everyone.

------------------
Just Having Fun!
Love to Fish.