• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Battle Lake - Hows the fishing?

Anyone been to Battle lately. Also wondering if it is drivable yet. Thanks guys.

GullGuide

If it is the same Battle that I am thinking of, try posting your question on the Ottertail Forum. Paul might be able to answer it for you.
>"////=<

I was thinking of West Battle Lake. Last year a friend had some good luck out there for the craps.

jmh

Was kind of wondering the same myself. I'm heading up to WBL this weekend to do some northern tip-up fishing in the day, then switch over to walleyes or crappies towards dusk. I'll post my results when I get back..

Paul Rohweller

I do not hang out on west battle so I would have to stop at bens bait and tackle in battle lake to get the lowdown before I headed over that way. I do get over to east battle occasionally, I like that lake! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Thanks guys, I am heading there tomorrow afternoon. I will post my results on Monday. Good luck this weekend...

Paul - I saw your comment on East Battle. I fish the lake, but have limited luck with walleyes, etc. Any suggestions from any body?
Great Forum!

Paul Rohweller

Hi Indy,
I like to go there in the fall and jig fish with shiners. Awesome colors on all the maples around the lake. I spend most of my time in the southeast basin fishing weededges and down to about 35 ft. Earler in the year I like to troll crawler harnesses in the same areas but over the deeper rolling hill type bottom. The best color for me had been chartruse/green. There is some pretty decent pike in there too. It is a great lake and worth the extra 20 minute drive if its too windy on ottertail. A good locator is pretty important there also. Have a super season!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie