• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi Mr Bear,
You can get from south lida into north lida via a concrete culvert. Plenty of room to go under unless you have a big pontoon. Just a note on south lida, you cannot pass between the island and the east shore safely as there is a large rock bar running all the way across. Crystal and lizzie are connected via the pelican river which is navigable with ease. It would be fun if lida and lizzie were connected but it is not to be, there was talk a few years back about it but it got shot down. Maplewood is a beautiful park, in the fall the hills look like they are on fire with all the maples and popple trees changing... Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Maplewood State Park on South Lida looks like a good spot to camp and fish. if I look at DNR maps it appears as though North and South Lida are divided by a strip of Land. If I look at the aerial photo it looks like it is just a Bridge for HWY 108 separates the Two lakes. Little help here? Is it one or the other or a little of both? Is there access from one lake to the other? Also is there access from Lida to Lizzie? From Lizzie to Crystal? If there is this would be an amazing variety of fish structure to choose from. as close as the lakes are to one another it is regardless if the water access between the three exists.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 07-31-2001).]

hey scoot,
I'm probably just as guilty of not keying on them as you. I do know that when I do run into the bigger ones this time of the year they are usually hanging around the deeper rock piles in north lida. I would try the rock bar on south lida in the spring but who knows until you actually go try it!lol Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Say Paul,

Since you brought it up...
The rock bar on the East side of the island in S. Lida- is this a good spot to key in on smallies in that system? It seems to me that it would be, but I've never ventured over there. Do you have any other hints on locating smallies between the two Lidas? I catch them occasionally while walleye fishing (usually with Kirsch) in N. Lida, but I've never tried to key in on them specifically.
Thanks,
Scoot