• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anybody been fishing Lida? I am wondering what the ice and snow conditions are like. I haven't fished since the ice came on, so I have no clue if you can get on the ice, if you can drive anywhere, and if there has been a decent bite. Any info would be appreciated.

The little guys have been biting around clay point but thats not uncommon. I was on lizzie on thursday and getting around there wasnt much trouble. Lida shouldnt be too much worse. Paul

Thanks Paul,

One other question. Should I be worried about ice conditions on about any of the lakes in West Central Mn. I am just a little leary to take off across the lakes with how much snow was on them early. It appears you fish on a lot of bodies of water. Is ice a worry anymore?

Thanks.

In general the ice is in good shape this year. I never consider any ice safe. In alot of the small local lakes there are active springs so you might want to consider those.
Another area to watch are river inlets and outlets. Let common sense and a level head rule. If your not sure about what you are doing, stop and check, better safe than sorry!! Being a little leary is what has kept you safe all these years so far! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller 218-962-3387
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
http//wwwebresults.com/fishmn/pinetoprairie

[This message has been edited by Paul Rohweller (edited 01-16-2001).]

2 of us fished Lida on 1-17 from 3:00 until 6:30 PM. Caught 10 really, really small perch and 7 walleyes. But there wasn't one of them that went as big as even 14". Most were between 11-13". Bite lasted 15 minutes from 5:00 until about 5:15 just as the sun went down. Really slow out there. Talked to many other houses and didn't hear of anyone doing well. Good luck to all.