• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ICE FISHING - OTTERTAIL -PERHAM

Probably going to be bound to my desk until the freeze. Might have to think ICE. Since the wife has a sister in Perham might use the excuse to visit and disappear to "shack up" with my brother-in-law.

Any rentals etc?

Right off the top of my head the only place that I can think of that rents or used to rent was Pair a dice resort on big pine. Which is a great winter lake , eyes in the morning and evening everything else during the day! Will keep my eyes peeled for anyplace else that might suit your needs!! Paul

------------------
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
Serving west central Minnesota.
Paul Rohweller (218)962-3387
[email protected]
http://wwwebresults.com/fishmn/pinetoprairie/

• 2 weeks later...

So far Pair a Dice is the only resort I,ve found that rents fishhouses. You can call Mike and Laurie Gooler at 1-888-ONE-PAIR . They should be able to set you up.....

------------------
[email protected]

Hey Thanks Paul,

Maybe make it up there for one of the holidays. Hey who wants turkey or ham when you can eat fresh 'eye!

Works for me!! I seem to eat more fish in the winter than I do in the summer. Got to work harder for them so a little reward for a hard days effort is justifyable heheheh.. Keep me updated on whats going on !!!! Paul

------------------
[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi paul,

Well she popped the question this morning. (Really more of a statement.)

WE ARE GOING TO PERHAM FOR THANKSGIVING!

I would lie and since that the first thought in my head was "Of course dear anything you want dear.." But then I thought WHEN DO YOU TYPICALLY GET GOOD ICE ON BIG PINE?

I can see my self saying I'll pop this turkey in and be back in a few hours!

The past couple years it seems we've been boat fishing till a couple weeks before xmas. Funny feeling thats not going to happen three times in a row tho. It all depends on the weather. Early to mid december is kinda the norm for walk out ice on the small lakes. I see cross point resort on lake lida has fishhouses to rent also! Just a thought.
Paul

[This message has been edited by eyeguymn (edited 10-10-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

The better half and commander in charge has changed her mind. (A historical first.) She wants to wait to go to Perham until December. EGADS there might be enough ice to support my "manly" figure by then. Been unseasonalby warm in MPLS. Been mowing in my speedo! (Neighbors are oddly staying inside.) Do you guys usually get ice by mid December? HAs it been as warm?

What do you do in winter?

Sign me

Bruno "bummed at a desk on Thursday"

It is a womans perogitave to do that!
My neighbors all go inside when I mow too..
If this weather we have right now holds and the temp drops we will have ice in december. Only time will tell for sure. Could be two weeks , could be a month or more. Right now Im currently working as a welder/boilermaker but looking seriously for a job that has more flexible hours or part time for the summer and winter so I can spend more time with clients. So Im pretty open there. Guys gotta eat though.

------------------
[email protected]

Guys,

At 6 ft , 250 lbs it only takes the threat of such attire to have Mama point my son "Sport" to the mower and say "Go save the neighborhood and our reputation"

Spoke with my brother in law, "Mr. Easy" and do plan an ice fishing trip this year. Let's keep the forum alive and let us know what is happening!

What would be best lake near Perham to ice fish on?

Personally I like big pine , but little pine and ottertail are good also. Unless we get some freakish warm weather this will be my last weekend on open water. I need to get things put away and bring stuff out so Im ready for the first ice... I can hear the augers already! Water temps right now are in the low 40's so its not far off! Paul

------------------
[email protected]

Simply "Too Costly" fishing

Got an email this afternoon from "simply Fishing" inviting me to spend $1,595 plus $600 airfare to go fishing with "Bob" on Lake El-Sato in Mexico for bass.

Excuse me dear but I just blew Sports tuition for next year on a worthy cause, Me and Bob!

At least fishing Big Pine I can afford my own beer. That's why I support forums like this. Heck for $2200 bucks Paul probably would let you drive his boat!

Thanks Bruno! I needed a good laugh today! I got a gut ache! lololol I'm waaaayy under his price. If a guy was a basser it might not be a bad trip but I wouldnt blow sports tuition on it myself..My wife just got back from mexico and said I would have been bored out of my mind. For $2200 all you would have to do is reel fish up for 6 days. I'll take care of the rest. I'm getting set up to do some ice fishing trips this year, should be interesting!!! Paul

Sitting here looking out on Lake Lizzie as I read this thread. I imagine there will be houses out on Prairie Lake near Pelican Rapids in a week. The lake is frozen over, but I wouldn't venture out yet. Big Detroit was about 75% ice-covered yesterday. Can't wait for that first ice!

Try Leonards resort, they have a couple of house to rent, it just got sold but i know a couple of houses stayed. Plus they do have aq couple of cabins for rent in the winter, and I think a sleeper fish house. Leonards is on Big Pine. On the NW side of lake.

Hi lizzielurker, Welcome to fishing minnesota!
Looking forward to getting out down there , done quite a bit of time there in the past few years. Crappie fishing is good , walleyes usually cooperate and the pike , well nuff said! lol The ice all blew off my home lake today so we gotta start over. maybe next week. Have you been past south lida? Paul

Thinking I may make it up there sometime in late January or February. Place I'm working for got sold and they are moving it out of town. They are going to take "care" of me but I may have some free time coming up. You know why the heck can't they do things like this say a week before the opener? "Honey I'm so depressed I need to be alone for awhile! Now don't get mad if a little beer, minnows and a buddy or two want to console and bond with me. The boat is behind the truck because it is good therapy. Ya know it will do me good!"

My luck she will say well now you have time to finish the bathroom and remodel the kitchen.. Funny how them fishin buddies can hold a rod for ten to twelve hours but a hammer?

Keep us posted on the fishing Paul!

• 2 weeks later...

HEADED TO CALIFORNIA FOR THE WEEKEND ON THE 15TH. SHOULD I BRING MY ICE FISHING ROD AND THROW A WAX WORM OUT IN THE SURF?

HOW'S THE ICE?

ANYMORE WORD ON RENTAL HOUSES ON BIG PINE?

Hey BWE,

Let us in on the "big plan" for Beers Lake! It doesn't have anything to do with pullin' 'lunges through the ice, does it?

BWE,

Either you're playing dumb or you just forgot what you wrote on 11-22 on this page. I quote you when I say "I got a plan."