• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

More important LOW get together stuff

When we first tossed this idea around there<BR>were a few of you who said "Yep, I'll be<BR>there" or "I will try to be there"<P>So to BDR, BigRed 70, Scarface, WalleyeJon,<BR>ChuckN & Moosehunter how is it looking for you guys now?<P>And BTurck, I know it was a stretch from the<BR>beginning but I hope you could clear your<BR>schedule.<P>Please post on this thread.<P>Also, if you need to hook up with a boat or<BR>if you have room in your boat, lets get that<BR>set up in advance. Please post your situation and we can put it together this<BR>week.<P>Thanks all!<P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

Curt, I will have anywhere from three to five people with me on Saturday and Sunday.(my brother in law and his two boys etc.) I can fish three out of my boat, so I may have two LOW newcomers who are looking to jump in with someone else. Let me know if anyone has room. It would be much appreciated. They will gladly chip in on gas and bait.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Of course you know I will be up there. I would also like to bring BigDar. I sent an e-mail to you to clarify.<P>This sounds like it will be one VERY FUN get together Curt!! smile.gif

Unfortunately, I cannot make it Curt. We are headed to Lac Suel, ONT. to chase hog walleye that weekend and the following week. Let me know how it goes! Sorry!

I'll be up there also. I'll bring the taters like we talked about this morning. Let me know if I should bring ketchup, etc.

It's been on my calender since you picked the date. I will have room for two people in my boat. I have a green/off white Crestliner I'll be towing with a red Suburban. Are we supposed to bring anything for the fish fry, or is someone taking care of that, and we just throw some money in the hat on Saturday? <BR> BTW, the fishing was awesome on Sunday, so this weekend should see a lot of fish in our boats.<P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

Wallydiver,<P>I am real happy you guys will be there.<P>Drewski said he would bring ketchup so <BR>if you bring potatos and some secret<BR>deep frying recipe that would be cool.<BR>Instead of ketchup how about some tartar<BR>sauce?<P>Drewski claimed paper towels, salt & pepper<BR>and ketchup.<P>I am bringing paper plates, cups and tools<BR>(knifes-forks) and some great nametags made<BR>by my wife.<P>Jeff Beckwith is bringing cookers and oil and<BR>batter (thanks man).<P>Old Guide also has a cooker and I think I<BR>can talk him into cleaning fish.<P>Burly said he could bring a salad<P>Walleyejon, maybe you could get some beans<BR>or another salad? <P>There must be some stuff I am forgetting.<BR>Any one else showing up, we could use more<BR>salads or anything you might think of <BR>that would be good....<P>I KNOW!!!!!Bars for desert!!!!!!<BR>Bread&butter or buns or chips<P>Everyone bring your own beverages.<P>It looks like the weather will be good and<BR>that means the fish will be snappin!<P>Thanks for the good fishin report Walleyejon.<P>This is gettin fun already.<P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio<P>[This message has been edited by curt quesnell (edited 06-14-2004).]<p>[This message has been edited by curt quesnell (edited 06-14-2004).]

No, Johnson 90, trolling motor on the bow. I was within a few hundred yards of the red marker most of the morning, the fish moved shallow when the wind went down, so in the afternoon we were up by Springsteel Island. You can't mistake my boat for anyone elses, it's an aqua green and off white with 8' antenna. Fishing tomorrow afternoon by Rocky if you can make it.<P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

I got the beans, butter, tartar sauce, and a a few lemons. Is this rain or shine??????<P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

Looks like this is coming together pretty well. Anybody got a mean french fry recipe?? I'm open for suggestions.

Curt~<BR> Walleyejon was gracious enough to offer a spot in his boat for me, so I will be there also. Look forward to meeting some of the guys. See you then.<P>Again thanks walleyejon<P>Bucks-n-ducks

I'm in. Not sure of my exact schedule, I'll Probable fish the morning and come back for the eating

Sorry guys, I can't make this one due to several misfortunes in the last week that I won't even begin to describe...<BR>Have fun, will be thinking of how much I miss LOW and the gathering.

Things are looking good! The best part is like walleyejon said the fish are just out a short way offshore. I had part of a group out tues. started at the red marker and caught fish.<P>------------------<BR><B>Old Guide Charters</B><BR>Lake of the Woods<BR><A HREF="http://fishingmn.com/oldguidecharters/" TARGET=_blank>http://fishingminnesota.com/oldguidecharters/</A><BR>Call Toll Free:1-800-952-(9484)

I'll get in a few hours after work Friday evening (weather permitting), so I should have a good idea of where to start looking on Saturday. Also, I talked another friend (non-FMer)into bringing his boat, so there's two more open seats for whoever will need them. <P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

Shoot, I am booked all weekend.. Plus it is supposed to rain.. :-(..<P>Hope you have a good turn out, I will be there in mind for ya any how.<P>Don't forget to check out the Catfish forum. The FM gathering is getting closer and is starting to look like a good turn out.<P>See ya on the water.<P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://wiskersguidingservice.com" TARGET=_blank>Wiskers Guiding Service</A><BR>Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes<BR>Crookston, MN<BR> [email protected]<P>218-280-0442

Hmmmm.....Appears somebody wants to rain on this parade for some reason?<P>The real scoop on the weather? From what I've gathered offline and on the local radio as of today it sounds nice.....Partly cloudy, highs in the low 70's with westerly winds at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip is 10% or zero depending on source.<P>If it does rain we have the big covered pavillion reserved to keep folks dry! <P>Have fun....Fisky<p>[This message has been edited by fiskyknut (edited 06-17-2004).]

What channel should people have on their radios on to keep in touch? Folks who may show up a little late can check in on that channel too. <P><P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

I was thinking we could use a different channel than 6, just so our group can stay in contact without the normal chatter interfering, and visa versa.<P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

Pick one I reckon. Maybe 8? Got a call earlier today and it sounds like the guy I was gonna fish with won't be able to make it now afterall. Maybe I'll still pop over around 5ish?<P>How was Tuesdays fishing Jon?<P>fiskyknut

Hey Jon thanks for the offer, I may just take you up on it! Any chance you could shoot me an email? I'm peeling outta here shortly but will get back to you this evening.<P>fiskyknut at yahoo.com<P>PS.....2 k's in there!!!

Fisky--You've got mail<P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

Ten or eleven saugers over by Rocky/Twin Islands in the am (I wasn't with then), not a walleye to be found. The cold front came through and they shut off totally. I got there after the rain, and nothing, unless you count perch, which we got three of.<P>Channel 8 sounds good for Saturday. <P>Fisky, you're more than welcome in my boat this weekend.<P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

Brrrrrrr, Break out the parkas boys. Hope you all had a great summer, time to sharpen the augers. lol<BR> I'm thinking the fishing may be a little slow with this cooler weather, but the fish should bunch up in the warmer, shallower water, all we have to do is figure out what they'll hit. Hope there's enough Scenic Tackle jigs to go around, we may need to finesse the fish out of the shallow weeds with a slowwwww, jigging presentation. If we keep each other posted on what's working, we should have enough fish for a meal. See ya soon.<P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

Mixing up fish breading now. Thinking I may just start with the WaveBuster Bobber with a Scenic Pro Series Jig and a leech tied on under it. With this cold front that may just work.<P>Hope to see a few of you up there. Where is the boat landing at that everyone is using. I am new to this side of the lake.<P>Jeff<BR>Scenic Tackle<BR>[email protected]