• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Report

Fished a couple hours today starting around noon out of the warroad access. Headed north to 5-mile and some areas south, and nothing...ran up to Buffalo and Elm and nothing there either, fished DNR reef...marked lots of fish but no takers. Went off springsteel point and dropped a jig down and WHAM!!! A nice 21-1/2"er that is still swimming this evening. Minus that fish and one other bite it was darm slow on the west side today for me, but I fished in the middle of the day. Anybody having any better luck on the west side? Is the east side of the lake kicking walleyes out yet? Lets hear YOUR report!

BigRed, thanks for the report. I'm headed up to Arneson's this coming weekend and hope that the fish won't have lock jaw wink.gif<P>Anyone else been out...let's hear it!

A good trolling buddy of mine spent all day<BR>Saturday pulling crankbaits in the shallow<BR>water north of Springsteel to Elm and did<BR>zip. Finally he got one small one drifting<BR>a live bait rig at about 6 pm at Elm.<P>My wife and I went to Zipple and anchored<BR>off of the green bouy out in the lake about<BR>a half mile, right out of the jetty. <P>It was pretty good there. We ran out of bait<BR>once and took a break for a bowl of soup at<BR>the Zipple Bay Resort. We quit at 5:30 with<BR>7 keeper Walleyes and 2 giant Perch. We tossed back maybe 10 of the 12 inch Walleyes<BR>and a Pike.<P>When we were leaving at 5:30 the evening<BR>bite was really starting to kick in, lots of<BR>little fish but some nice ones where being<BR>caught.<P>I was worth the trip over in a big way.<P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio<p>[This message has been edited by curt quesnell (edited 05-23-2004).]

That is a great update. I was going to ask spinner colors, types of bait to use, etc. <BR>You answered all those questions. I can only hope that the eyes turn on within the week, but can only suspect that it will stay the same. No big WARM spells coming for quite some time up there!<BR>I'll keep trying new stuff and see what happens. <BR>

That is a great update. I was going to ask spinner colors, types of bait to use, etc. <BR>You answered all those questions. I can only hope that the eyes turn on within the week, but can only suspect that it will stay the same. No big WARM spells coming for quite some time up there!<BR>I'll keep trying new stuff and see what happens. <BR>

The fishing was 10 times better this weekend than the opener weekend! That was the worst or second worst opener I have ever expierienced and I have only missed a few!<P>Just a hunch but....I think the bite will be turning on bigtime very soon. That big rain event and high water we saw 2 years ago screwed things up for a bit, but after it settled down the fish bit wildly. That was June, and this is May so it may not be quite the same though, wishful thinking on my part maybe. Anyone else remember how good the fish bit after that high water event? There were about 3 weeks where the fish were going nuts after that rain and high water, hopefully we'll see a bite like that again this time.<P>fiskyknut<P>

Fishkynut- Where have you been fishing out of? <BR>If I remember right, you are from Warroad correct? <P>I don't know if you remember me, but me and bklimek meet you on the banks of the Red River last year I think it was. You were going to fish with us, but you had car problems. <P>

Curt-<P>Have you heard of anything going up at Rocky Point this year? <P><BR>-B<BR>

It has been slowwwwww in that area.

Captain,<P>I stayed up at Arnesen's last week and fished Wednesday through Saturday. The bite out of Arnesens was non-existant and was a waste of two days of fishing. The last two days of our trip we headed over to baudette and fished the gap and four mile. This area was a lot more productive.<P>There was no pattern or one lure that worked better than others. We took fish jigging, dragging plain snells, and spinners. Fatheads, crawlers, and leeches all took fish (shiners were ineffective). We did have a rally towards the last day fishing from 11-8 ft. of water drifting a silver/blue spinner tipped with a jumbo leech. Water temp was a relatively cool 51 degrees or so and the wind was howling out of the east/northeast. My one piece of advice is to stay versatile and continually try different colors/techniques/live bait. <P>Good luck.

I like the way Fisky described the bite a couple of June's ago. We fish up on the Bay most of the time and there was nice fish biting all day everyday for quite awhile. Hopefully the weather will straighten out a bit and the fish should turn on.

Fished out of Zippel Bay 5/21 5/22 Had a wonderful time with 4 people . caught our limits of suager ,walleye , and 14 Jumbo Perch, Kudos to Nick and Deanna what a wonderful resort and beyond 1st class service<P>------------------<BR>"Tricky"

BRK, yepper I remember you guys! Too bad I was hours late for the linkup, thats what I get for paying cash for the cars we drive! No payments....Drive em till their fully done!<P>I've just fished the eastside so far for the Walleyes anyway. Have a beatup trailerhouse near Wheelers I camp in. Late ice and the early openwater season I'm always over that way Walleye fishing. Come fall and on early ice I fish out that way the majority of the time too. Once the bite picks up steam over here to the west I don't venture east often, till it picks up good again late season, septemberish or so.<P>Fisky<BR>