• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FM gathering in Crookston.

I don't want to leave anyone out of the loop. See the Catfish forum for details.<P>I am looking for feedback for an FM gathering in Crookston this summer.. I am thinking July 10th weekend. Fishing the Red Lake River. Pending on water available in the rivers boats and shore fishing will be a great adventure.. <BR>If the river is anything like last year we should have a great place to have a gathering below the dam. <BR>Crookston has a great park for camping along the river and several hotels and motels.. for preferred rates just tell them your with the Wiskers FM event.. The Northland Inn has your best deals. 218-281-5210<BR>Looking for feedback and ideas for this event to get them city slickers out of the metro up to the boondocks.. lol lol.. Small boats and River Pro's welcome if we use the Red Lake River... I will keep posted on water levels... ...<P><BR>Ok here goes.. <BR>I have a buddy that is a DJ and the Northland Inn will let me use the main banquet room for a bash on Friday night the 9th, and if we get enough fellas that are staying at the Inn she will also give us the hospitality room for Sat. night with a bar. <BR>So the big Q. is if enough FMers are going to make it up here I will set it up so we can get great rates for rooms at the Northland Inn, with Restraunt, bar and pool..Dance Fri night and some good beverages then we can fish Sat. <BR>With or with out boats this will be a great weekend of fishing.... <BR>I need to get an idea on how many fellas are going to be here for sure on Fri.. Heck we can fish Fri and Sat.. Just let me know what you all think. <BR>Rick>>>>>>>>>> <BR>Let me know if we can get some items like we did on the Shue this winter..I will work on some local stuff also. <BR>Got fingers crossed for good weather that day.. <BR>PASS THE WORD............................<P><P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://wiskersguidingservice.com" TARGET=_blank>Wiskers Guiding Service</A><BR>Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes<BR>Crookston, MN<BR> [email protected]<P>218-280-0442

That'll be a tough one to make for some of us.....Same date as the Strieff's summer Tournament. Any plans for a gathering this year on the Red river itself? Drayton in September would be pretty awesome!<P>Fisky

Well it is not always about catching fish.. Its trying to get fish and meeting the other FMers..<P>the more of us norther fellas that make it down south for the events will encourage the city fellas to venture up here.. I am sure they like to see some trees and open land vs cement land locked buildings.. <P>Most of the time all FM events are held where there are fish.. it we do well becasue no FMer is going to invite fellas to his or her area knowing that if the fishing is bad he will get ribbed for ever about it LOL.... <P>I think Im heading to the cities the weekend after opener for some Flatties.. they are on the move now and are eating... mmmmmmmmmmm.. Kitties..........<P>Do your best and hope to see you here in July.<P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://wiskersguidingservice.com" TARGET=_blank>Wiskers Guiding Service</A><BR>Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes<BR>Crookston, MN<BR> [email protected]<P>218-280-0442

That trip sounds like fun....heading down to southern Minnesota somewhere to catch flatheads is on my to do list for sure someday, some year. Never fished them in Mn. Caught alot back when I was in the army while stationed at Ft Bragg in NC. The Cape Fear river and PeeDee river both had some true lunkers in them, caught a few in the Roanoke river as well. They kind of look like a humungous Red river Madtom!<P>fisky

I hear ya.. I make a few trips down there each year.. biggest so far is around 45#.<P>Gonna hit the MN river in Redwood Falls this summer also.. go in serch of the king kitties.. <P><P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://wiskersguidingservice.com" TARGET=_blank>Wiskers Guiding Service</A><BR>Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes<BR>Crookston, MN<BR> [email protected]<P>218-280-0442

I tell ya what.. if the Crookstson one goes over well I will make plans for more around the area... These Fm gatherings are always a real good time and for those who miss them and read about them later always wish they would have made it.<P>Rick's Huge family is always growing and when we all get together it can only be good. The Red is in my plans for the next one.. The main reason for this one here is to test the waters and make the biggest showing of fishermen we can to help push the issue of fishings importance to the community in the plans for the Red River Vally coridor prodject. This will only help us get the needed boat landings, parks and remodeling along some shores for fishing. If all goes well we will get some good media coverage to boost the needed issues.<P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://wiskersguidingservice.com" TARGET=_blank>Wiskers Guiding Service</A><BR>Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes<BR>Crookston, MN<BR> [email protected]<P>218-280-0442

Well I can only hope. I've quite a few times brought up the idea of throwing one at Drayton, the fishing can sure be good and darn easy. No one wants to venture North though. Long drive for the city folks to come north....Long drive for me to head way south on the Red, especially long going past all those great streches of water closer to home. A gathering in GFKS I would probably consider attending, fishing is pretty decent there too. I'd like to get to more FM gatherings, they are indeed fun, commeraderie is great but more than anything if I'm gonna make a long road trip I want to fish where the fishing is way good!<P>If it were'nt for that tourney I'd make plans to get down to Crookston just to see peoples river rigs....Should be a good time.<P>Regards....Fisky<p>[This message has been edited by fiskyknut (edited 05-11-2004).]

Don't know iffin you are serious or what, but I'm sure you would be more than welcome, Asian, Martian, whatever as long as you are into fishing a bit you will enjoy these. Some of the best fisherfolks I know are of the Asian persuasion. Heck I was in the Army long enough that to me everyone is OD green anyways so I certainly would'nt have a problem with it.<P>More info on wiskers Crookston get together is availiable on the Red river forum as well as the FM events forum. There is also a get together planned on LOTW for June 19 if you are interested, scroll down this forum page for more on that.<P>Welcome Chen Ching....fiskyknut<P>CurtQ if you see this post I have tried a few times to get ahold of the CoC lady in Warroad and have left a couple messages, she called back once but it was when I was out on the lake, go figure. I'll shoot an email off to her tomorrow, probably what I should've done in the first place eh.

Chen, of course your welcome.. as long as you have a fishing rod and like to fish, come and join the family.. You have already made the first step by joining the chat forums, now off to bigger and better things.<P>Check out the catfish forum and leave a note weather or not you will make it for sure.<P>Thanks.<P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://wiskersguidingservice.com" TARGET=_blank>Wiskers Guiding Service</A><BR>Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes<BR>Crookston, MN<BR> [email protected]<P>218-280-0442

• 1 month later...

Yoo hoo just a reminder.. It's only a short time away and sounding like a real good turn out and good time.<P>Hope to see some of you here.. <P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://wiskersguidingservice.com" TARGET=_blank>Wiskers Guiding Service</A><BR>Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes<BR>Crookston, MN<BR> [email protected]<P>218-280-0442

• 2 weeks later...

Hey yallll .. <P>please check out the catfish forum for latest details for FM gathering.. <P>Hope to see you here.. we need some feedback to make the plans great for you all.<P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://wiskersguidingservice.com" TARGET=_blank>Wiskers Guiding Service</A><BR>Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes<BR>Crookston, MN<BR> [email protected]<P>218-280-0442