• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Hoffer

Monument Bay/Enchanted Island

Hoffer

has anyone stayed at Enchanted Island - Monument Bay area of LOW. If so, how were the accomadations and fishing around that area?? We are heading up there the second week of June and are looking for any tips or suggestions on both fishing and the resort on the Island.<BR>Thanks!

Kaz

Hoffer: I haven't stayed there lately, but when the Sandy's had the place I stayed there many times.. The Camp seems to of had some renovation, which has to the better. Fishing was very good and you can fish all the wayup to the Big Narrows and everything in between with out getting into big winds. Portage Bay, Outter Bay, Lazer Bay all produced lot of Walleye for me, Monument is no slouch either. Directly across from the resort is a place called "Coke Bottle", was a producer too.I found some BIG Crappies on a hump just outside of Lazor. Also you can fish down toward Oak, Flag, Center, to the south. I would get a Remote Boarder Passing Permit so you can freely go back and forth. As for the food there, I can't say, but they have to be good or they wouldn't stay in Business. You will go out of Young's Bay, and Jerry's Pub has Great food. Delores Sandy cooks there, and she's GREAT.. You will have a good time. I run up there from the Gap on occasion..... It's going to be SOON now...Kaz

Hoffer

Kaz-<P>Thanks for the info. much appreciated!! Feel free to leave me any other details on fishing spots etc...Last year, we tried an area directly accross from the island (North I would think) into what you would call Monument bay itself - there is a reef there out in the middle that comes right up to about one foot of water marked by a white plastice container - would this be "Coke Bottle" ??? Anyway - I am collecting any/all info. and appreciate the extra working knowledge of the area!!

Hoffer

One other question concerning Monument Bay resort - was this once called "Frolanders" - the internet lists a "Frolanders" on Monument bay - but when I try to check out the site it doesnt have anything listed - as far as I know Monument Bay resort is the only resort up there??

Frank_Walsh

Frolanders is another resort located in Monument Bay. They were sold last season, and are under new ownership. Yes, they do have a website.

AaronM

Nope, they are two different resorts. Frolanders has always had great food and service. If you really wanted to learn the lake well, you should get your hands on a HotSpot fishing chart of the area. It will give you all of the information you would need. Happy Fishing!

Kaz

Hoffer, Frank had the new info, that resort is on the north end of Monument, and sort of tucked away on the north side of the island there. Coke Bottle, no, that is all the way across Monument Bay to the, I believe the west. As I heard, someone found a old Coke bottle there on the shore years ago, and hence the name. Also down at the bottom of the bay where the supposedly "Monument" is, or was located, is a large rock with a good shore lunch place on it, that was a fairly good producer too. If you get up to Portage Bay, check out the Private lay out, owned by the CEO of Merle Norman Studios. It's something else, probably several million. I had a fellow working for me who was a former employ of his, and he said it was assume. Walleyes were plentiful there too. I believe they use Marine channel 9 in that part of the lake, so bring a radio along. Have fun and don't forget to try for some Musky there too.....Kaz <P>[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 04-21-2004).]<p>[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 04-21-2004).]

widetrack

If you guys are talking about coca-cola reef, take a close look on shore. You will see to this day a old fashioned pop machine up on shore, hence the name.<P>PS:<P>Not a bad spot to throw a bucktail around!<P> 47b4dc28b3127cceb861c6bed0cd0000001610 <BR><p>[This message has been edited by widetrack (edited 04-21-2004).]

Scoot

That dog-gone widetrack- has good taste in fish, but bad taste in sweatshirts! Why do you always have to spoil a great fish with those darn sweatshirts, widetrack!!! lol!<P>------------------<BR>Scoot<P>RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

widetrack

Scoot:<P>Just to get a rise out of you!<P>Sioux Rule!

Kaz

Widetrack: Beautiful fish!!!! I've seen them like that but never tied into one. I was throwing big bucktails one time up at Big Narrows and had one on that spit the the bait at me when I started getting him close. It came out of the water two feet and the dorsal fin was still at the water line. I don't know if I could ever have gotten it into the net....GREAT PICTURE....Kaz..PS I thought I remembered it was a coke bottle, but you refreshed this old mind... Dam CRS

89Bronco

Hoffer,<P>There is a resort on Enchanted Island called Monument Bay Lodge and they have a website monumentbay.com you can check out. It is run by the Kayfes', two of the nicest people. They've had it for a few years now and they have spruced it up a bit--- remodeled, repainted, etc. They even winterized a couple of the cabins...if not all...and I believe they stay there in the winter as well (but I could be mistaken on that.) They do a musky school in July that always fills up fast and there is a lake they walk into that is catch and release only. I saw them at the sportshow in Mpls. and I believe they are full for this summer, but you can always check with them. Sometimes they have cancellations. Good luck! smile.gif