• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LOW Get Together date????

We are trying to pick an earlier date this<BR>year for the better close in fishing.<P>May 22 (Saturday)<P>June 19th (Saturday)<P>The east side of the lake headquarted out<BR>of Kaz's place near RiverBend Resort along<BR>the Rainey River. OR out of the Park<BR>at Warroad.??????????<P>Kaz's place is perfect and you could trailer<BR>anywhere you wanted to go but, If the group<BR>wants to fish out of Warroad we may check<BR>that out.<P>Lets hear some comments.. I know its a busy<BR>world. Who wants to come for a day of<BR>fishing, fun, visiting, shaking hands and<BR>an awesome fish fry.<P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio<p>[This message has been edited by curt quesnell (edited 04-17-2004).]

I was in a bit of hurry when I put up these<BR>2 possible dates yesterday. I can give you<BR>more info and maybe answer some questions<BR>in advance.<P>If you have a big boat, a little boat or<BR>no boat at all try to commit to project.<BR>We can hook you up with others for a fun<BR>day of fishing.<P>We can meet for breakfast or just stop<BR>somewhere in the morning to check in and<BR>get the final itinerary. <P>Shore lunch is a possiblity or sandwiches in the boat can keep you on the water longer.<P>At the end of the day a big outdoor fish fry<BR>(this is why shorelunch isnt so important).<P>As the day nears, we just post what we can<BR>bring to the fish fry and a good time will<BR>be had by all.<P>We will try to get some site sponsors and<BR>big wigs in attendance too. It would be<BR>nice to get to know them personally too.<P>Check your dancecards and vote for the date<BR>that you can most likely get to.<P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

Fishing should be pretty good nearshore on either date, eastside or westside. June 18 is the big 'April Wine' concert in Roseau too if anyone wants to see them!<P>What do you guys want to do/see?....Help Mr. Q get this ball rolling eh!!!<P>fiskyknut

I'd love to come but I just don't have the time mad.gif.<P>------------------<BR>The Doctor is in.............Everybody stand back!!!<P>I.B.O.T. # 144<BR>Boundry Waters Chapter

I will try to make it to this! I bet could twist MJ5's arm to ride up with me.<P>June would be the better for me. May is always so packed with opener and Mem. weekend.<P>Fisky- Are the Pike hittin in the bays still in June?<P>------------------<BR>I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!<P>Brian Rogers

I'm in if it is on the west side...I have a 17 foot lund Pro-V and likely room for one more. Let me know!

The June date would work better for me. If I had to vote, I would go with the west side. If it is the east side, I'll still make it.<P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

I can't make it in June, but will be up there on May 22nd with my wife anyway. I'd like to join in if it gets put together that weekend.

Late June-mid July is my favorite time for the west side of the big pond!<P>So, my vote would be a Warroad in June. I usually stay at the campground. <P>My only concern is GAS prices. grin.gif If I could find someone to ride north and fish in my 18' glass boat, and share the wonderful expense of fuel... grin.gifgrin.gif

Hey Chuck, or anyone<P>I just havent spent much time at the campground in Warroad. Is there a decent<BR>picnic area, maybe with a cover over some<BR>tables? And, if there is can we cook there?<P>Please advise<P>Thanks<P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

curt, there is a structure across from the fish cleaning houses at the Warroad campground, but we'd better check on what else might be going on also at that location.<P>------------------<BR><B>Old Guide Charters</B><BR>Lake of the Woods<BR><A HREF="http://fishingmn.com/oldguidecharters/" TARGET=_blank>http://fishingminnesota.com/oldguidecharters/</A><BR>Call Toll Free:1-800-952-(9484)

Right at the Warroad public access I remember a large area of grass and possibly picnic tables within 20-30 yards of the access. I also believe these spots could have been camping (tents) spots. Maybe Fisky or someone can confirm.

Chuck, you may be speaking of that other Warroad access off of Kakageesic??? It has a small grassy area. The main access area has open grassy area west across the parking lot from the ramps, Strieff tourney's weighin area last year. The pavillion that Pat mentioned is very nice....Large and screened. There is also a smaller covered picnic spot right on the beach there too.<P>Fisky

I was talking about the public access at the river mouth....the same place Strieff's tourney has weigh in's, or at least a couple years ago. smile.gif<P>I didn't see the pavillion, but there were a lot of buildings and what not around that area. This area all works well IMO.

OK for figuring and planning sake lets <BR>say June 19th at the Warroad public landing<BR>camping area.<P>I would think they would have a nice<BR>place to feed a group.<P>Fisky or other locals, can you check to<BR>see if we can cook fish and maybe have a <BR>beer at the park? Please.<P>As we get closer we will see whos on board<BR>and what everyone can bring. We had plenty<BR>last year, but we had to run to Log Cabin<BR>Bait for pop.(wasnt it pop?)<P>Bring your cameras we will really try to <BR>get Fisky there to pose.<P>Thanks to all so far<P><BR> <P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

Curt I can call the Warroad coc tomorrow and see what they have to say on such. I'll post here after I speak with them or whomever they direct me to. I'm not sure iffin I'll be around then, might be out in Michigan doing Erie and Sag thru that timeframe this summer.<P>If they ask for a tentative head count what do you think....30, 40?<P>Regards....Fisky

Pop? I don't remember any pop! Curt, Fisky we'd better hang loose on this spot just in case.....

It would be great if we had 30 or 40 show<BR>up. I have no idea at this point Fisky.<P>Could you find out if there is a top end<BR>number allowed?<P>Thanks again<P><P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

OG:<P>I have a hard time knowing what I'm doing tomrorrow, yet alone a date that far in advance, but if it's in the Warroad area, there would be a pretty good chance I could make it.

Cool the legendary WT just might be there to give me more lessons!!!!<P>Curt, I got the answering service at the coc and I am hoping for a call back. Was gone yesterday so they may have tried then. I'll keep ringing them. Spoke with a lady at the city office and was told that reservations thru coc are needed for that nice one, she did'nt mention a fee and I forgot to ask. I'll let you know what I find out once they get back to me, but won't reserve it till the date is confirmed by you all.<P>Regards....Fisky

Fisky, If you don't show up I'm going to start a rumer that you and Dave are one in the same and you've been having conversations with yourself all winter!!!

I'm trying to clear my schedule. I've never fished LOW, and nver met most of you folks from that area. Would love to kill two birds with one stone. So, right now, I'm a "maybe".<P>I would bring up my boat, and may have room for one more. Camping? Motels? Resorts/lodges?<P>Info please....<BR><P>------------------<BR>M-H (aka: Dan)

Had the chance to meet and have lunch with KAZ yesterday. A good time and a great lunch. I'm going to do everything I can to get free that weekend and make it as well. At this time "Possible" is the best answer I can give. Bill

Bturck, It would be great to have you up and<BR>meet you face to face. LOW is just as <BR>good in the summer as the winter, the wind<BR>causes a bit more trouble in the summer though.<P>Moose Hunter,<BR>There is camping right there at the boat<BR>landing, if you call the Warroad Chamber<BR>of Commerce you can get the info. <P>There is a campground at Springsteel Resort too. I know they dont take reservations at Springsteel you just show up. They have<BR>a protected harbor and you can get a boat<BR>slip for the weekend if you want.<P>There is a Super 8 motel, and the Can-AM<BR>motel right in town that do a good job.<P>The Warroad Chamber is a good first call.<P>Hope to see you there<P><P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio