• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Road to 16 is plowed

IF you have permanent houses out on 16<BR>mile reef you will want to know that<BR>Mr Babler plowed a road out to the<BR>reef on Wednesday.<P>Off road travel is still extremely difficult<BR>even with 4 wheel drive.<P>More snow will be gone by the weekend, probably replaced with water and slush but<BR>at least there is a road again<P>Good Luck<P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

yup Richard has the road open, several houses came off yesterday.. The road today was real slushy/flooded. He has down matts off the landing and is trying to keep on top of it.<BR> <BR>Richard is a good guy and claims "It's no fun anymore". It's a lot of work and it seems he has some help finally now so should keep things rolling good.<BR> <BR>Fishing was the best I had all year with a 17" sauger and several of both around 14".<P>The big story though for me is the timeing of the bite, being very early and very late !!<P>The 17 hit at 630am wed. and several fish after the sun went down up untill 9 pm !~ I duno but I've never heard of, much less seen this on lotw as far as the evening bite !! Especially in 28'! weird <P>Atv's were all over, especially with chains. My 4x4 stock chev. with marginal tire tred did real good with the wet snow but I would not gamble on it much. By this wkend though it will be different, lots of snow 12 to 16" to melt I'd say. Watch the weather.

Buckets,<P>I heard that you'd better stay till after<BR>dark for the "late in the day run". Common<BR>most other places but certainly wierd for<BR>LOW.<P>Hats off to you for stickin around for the<BR>gold ring.<P><P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

I duno about a gold ring but I did get a keeper about 9pm wed. and a couple other smaller fish too in 28'. And not a single burbout in 3 days. I have never caught fish after sundown before, unless in shallow.<P>The shallow bite is on too I seen but didn't try it, heck I kept getting bites where I was at, wierd