• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What to do?

The Big Gaffer

What would you guys do this weekend? I can't decide.<P>A) Go northern fishing in Canada, tip ups....I have never done this but it sounds like fun<P>B) Try one more time at the **** walleyes on LOW. It has been slow the last few times up.<P>C) Go to Red Lake and try to get some slabs<P>D) Nothing, stay home and drink.

I would say Canada, tip ups. <BR>The eye action has been miserable on the big pond. Crappies have eluded me on Red, and I can sit home and drink on days when I am not invited to Canada to fish....therefore, take it from me, Canada, monster pike on tip ups can be had while sitting on the ice with a cocktail or 8. And it is supposed to be B-E-A tiful weekend.<BR>I didn't see option D, Open water fishing on the rainy river. That's my vote for the weekend. Just my $.02<BR>

Hey birddog,<P>Is the river open and are they catching any fish???? I have never done that but really want to. Also, I have never fished northerns? What is it like. I don't know if I even believe this but my buddy who asked me to go said you can't drink out there. So, he said they sneak Vodka out in a gas can and drink screwdrivers. Is he serious, how can you have a law that you can't drink while fishing??? Those canucks really are stupid if they have a law like that. Is that true or is joking me.

I would fish Pike with tipups because you've never done it. Sounds like a good time especially with the knuckleheads you'll be fishing with. Just tell em' there will be lots of eating, lots of drinking, lots of fighting, and lots of loving. And its just gonna be you and them. I cleaned up this joke for the young FMers. Fish the PIKE..

It's true, and I think it's a good law.<P>My best friend is disabled for life, because he was drinking and being stupid on the ice with a sled.<P>There is lots of things that can go wrong out there sober. The odds of disaster magnify with booze involved.

Ya its true no drinking in the boat in Canada! For lots of good reason too! Wait until your on shore to get your buzz on!

I'm going up to LOW for my first time ever. I'm going with a buddy of mine and we are going thursday through sunday. Looks like we are going to start are day on weelers point. wondering if any body has any information around there or where else we could go around that area? And whats has been the type of bait up there to?<P>p.s. The big gaffer, I would go TIP UP fishing for northerns any time of the day.

Gaffer, go for the pike...on the MN side that way you can enjoy a cocktail. I guess I'm with you on the no booze law.sounds like a whole lot of [PoorWordUsage] to me, you can't legislate stupidity. anyway, I'll be on my favorite lttle crappie hole, gettin' a sunburn and responsibly enjoying a cocktail. god bless the USA

As long as you arent running a motorized vehicle thats cool. Remember its not a right to drink its a privelage. Nothing wrong with a responsable smoothy or 2. grin.gif

everything is a privledge, life freedom happiness, nothing is for sure. the people we elect are privledged yet few these days are aware of it. privledge does not insure brains though, only confidence.

Whew, I had too many welcome home brandys and way over terrorized the last few miles home, what a bad fog. <P>Gaffer, get up there Man , this is the ultimate icefishing !! Do the shallow bite in the mornings and especially at dusk till at least a hour after dark. <P>I just got back and things are hoppin up there. Having a big fish fry tonight and planning next weekend trip, if the weather holds. Can't wait.