• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Northwest Angle

For the last 7 years i have been fishing the south shore ice fishing. Next winter 4 of us are talking about taking an ice fishing trip up to the Northwest Angle. I was wondering how these 3 resorts are? <P>Angle Outpost Resort, Jake's NW Angle, and Northwest Angle Resort.

sweept

Don't know much about the resorts you have listed. We have been going to Walsh's Baystore Camp on Oak Island for the last 6 years. The Walsh's will treat you great. We have fished at other resorts in the angle and feel we get the best service at Walsh's. Good luck.

GregS

Gissert,<P>We will be heading up to LOW for the first time late June/ early July and will be staying in the northwest angle area. Have you fished that area at that time of year? Any advice for a first timer? Any patterns you like for walleye? smallmouth? Thanks.<P>------------------<BR>

Gissert

We have been going out of NW Angle Resort for many years, and have been very happy. RC Carlson runs the fish houses out of there, and has always busted his hump to put us on fish.<P>I have not been to Frank Walsh's joint yet, but he is highly reccommended by many. Frank's place is definately closer to the fishing if you do not have quads or sleds.

Gissert

Greg -<P>Sorry, I am a hard water fan of the Angle. The only open water experience I have on LOW is in the Sunset Channel.<P>Look up Frank Walsh at the Bay Store and he can set you straight. RC Carlson is another guide I would look to for information.

Northlander

Go with Frank at Baystore Resort. You wont be sorry. Good fishing, great service and plenty of laughs! Tell Frank Steve S. sent ya.

lakertaker

profisher - I would not rule out Sportsmans Oak Island, we were up in January and the accomodations, service and food were very good.

iceweasel

Angle Inn Lodge is a great place to stay, great home cooking and people.

Mad Mulcher

Profisher-<P>I recommend the Bay Store Camp. They are a relatively small operation and Frank is "the man". He will not [PoorWordUsage] you and will do his darndest to put you on fish. Hint: If you have all your own gear and are mobile, be prepared to fish the Canadian side and C&R a lot of nice fish! <P><p>[This message has been edited by Mad Mulcher (edited 03-23-2004).]

Nic

Norm's camp on Oak Island is a real nice little place to stay at. <BR>They've been there for over 25 years.<BR>Nic

Jay R

Hello,<P>I was hoping to see if anyone has stayed with the folks at Prothero's Post resort. I have heard from a few people its a good place to stay. Thanks in advance.<P>Jay R<P>

davemeyer

I have stayed at Protheros. Great people, nice Cabins and its really cheap, the people keep coming back so they don't need to do any advertising. I am going up for Memorial weekend am I going to have any luck?