• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

any long point reports

I will be fishing out of long point on saturday. Havent seen any recent reports anything going out there. Adam

How has the fishing been out on the point?<BR>I will be up there saturday and sunday.<BR>First time to LOW this year so I am going to try and make it a good one.

Last weekend a fella I know was nailing big pike, 40" plus..And a few eyes. <P>My Question is, Ive only been to LOW once, fished at Adrians access. How do I get to Longs? <P>I hope to go Saturday too...<P>Chad<p>[This message has been edited by Chad711 (edited 03-19-2004).]

Chad, from Baudette go to Williams and hang a right. That is the Long Pt. rd. that will take you to the lake.

Fished Long Point Friday. Four people fishing. Got our limit of 12 - 17 inch walleye/saugers. Fished 35 fow on the west road out of the Long Point resort. At 4:30, two of us went into 21 fow toward twin islands. Very windy. Was forced to fish both of us in one portable to keep from blowing away. Very aggressive walleye bite. Kept 11 walleyes, 12 - 16 inches. Threw that many back also. The bite in 35 fow was good in the evening also. Fished jiggings spoons with minnow heads and dead lines with shiners. Had a nice fish fry. <P>On Saturday the bite was basically nothing. By 11:00 we packed up and headed for URL. Was a very fun trip.

Fished saturday East of the resort in 30 feet. The bite was slow we did manage to catch some nice fish but you really had to work for them. Sunday from 8-10 the fishing picked up we caught 3 really nice perch and some decent saugers. from 1030-1230 we did not catch a single fish and decided to make the trip back to minneapolis. Our biggest fish were a 16.5 sauger and a 17" eye. Considering the weather changes and the reports we got at the launch we did alright. Adam

We were at Long Point Friday and Saturday towards Twin Islands. Can you say Windy! We were on sleds pulling a 3-man and 4-man Polar shack. That 4-man was a pain to set up. We fished in 18, 22, and 25 feet in the morning and evenings and then out to 30, 32 during the day. Friday was better for numbers as we easily caught 70 a piece, with lots of 6-13", a few 15-19", and one 22" that went back. evening bite was awesome! Saturday was better for quality. Our totals went down a bit, but we caught 3 'eyes between 20.5 and 23 that all went back. Plus a few 16-19 inch Walleye and Sauger. We caught mostly smaller ones to 13". We found very few Sauger and Perch this trip, but plenty of Walleyes. <p>[This message has been edited by Mykal (edited 03-22-2004).]

ATM, didn't end up running into to you. Honestly didn't have too much time to go looking for ya on the water though either.<P>We ended up getting bumped to a different cabin then I originally told you so if you came looking for me I wasn't in the cabin I told you to check.<P>We ended up doing, ok. I guess we did a little better then most in terms of size.<P>We fished out West of Long Point but not quite to the islands. Saturday seemed to be the better of two days. There were 4 of us, but I only know that 2 of us CPR'd a 22" and a 23" eyes, we kept a pair of 19.5" eyes, a 17.5" and a few around the 14" mark. Mixed in where some 15" saugers too. No limits this time, but we did well fishing shallow water for the bigger sized fish. Surprisingly, not a single pout with any size (we did catch one that was about 6 inches!).<BR>We fished 22' on Friday and 17' on Saturday, seemed you couldn't go too shallow for the bigger fish, and if we had more time and it wasn't so dang windy I would have gone tried even shallower.

Grabs, we also did not catch any pout, we did catch about 10 tulibee though, those things really fight for there size. We just stayed in the rental house all weekend because my truck is in the shop and my buddy who was bringing his called at 12am the night before leaving to tell me he wasnt coming. The people at the resort were great though on saturday they drove us out there and checked on us about 3 times, sunday we drove out with things froze up a little better. On saturday I did not mind being in a perm after watching people fight with there portables in the wind.

We fished east of the islands Sat and had decent luck finding fish in about 23' of water, but most of them were small; only had 3 that were over 13", still had a great time though

my dad jsut gave me a call from the hotel and he said that they are cathcing them as fast as they can shallow, like 14-21 feet of water, in the afternoon, quite a few nice fish mixed in, just thought i would let u guys know <P>jimmy

Fished 30 ft., Fri/sat., 4 of us kept 30 walleye/sauger mix. One guy with us kept and froze a 27"/7-1/4 lb. for mounting. (His personal best)<BR>Moved to Morris pt. sat. afternoon, 14 ft., caught nothing.<BR>Had a great time.<BR>Anyone else check out the female bass player at the sportsman ??<BR> <p>[This message has been edited by Uncle Bill (edited 03-23-2004).]

Fished Sunday from 10 - 2. Oddly enough the bite was very good from 12:30 on. Four perch and a full bag of 13.5 - 15 sauger with 1 16 inch walleye and only one of those before noon. The fish had a definite preference for small baits--someone had posted small working better recently. After getting lots of lookers and few biters I went small too. Fished in 34 feet.