• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Morris Point Pike?

I'll be coming up next weekend 3/11-3/14/04 and bringing Dad up for his 2nd trip to the pond. After I brought him up after X-Mas for his first time, now he's hooked. This is exactly what I had planned since he's one of my primary fishing buddies and loves to catch walleyes and pike as much as we all do. We'll be fishing out of Ballard's houses on Friday and Saturday, but we wanted to head out and try for some pike on Sunday morning for a bit before we head back to the cities. I would love to head west towards Warroad or Springsteel, but since we'll be in Baudette for the weekend we should probabaly stick around there and fish before the long drive home. I heard that Morris Point area is decent for pike late in the year, but can anyone help me out a little more on where to start targeting them. Should we stick closer to shore and fish really shallow or head out a little deeper and fish a few feet under the ice? Or should we try a different area? I'm yet to ice a nice jack up there and would love for either me or him to pull a few up the hole. Any info will be greatly appreciated. One week and counting 'til we go. Can't wait!<BR>Thanks everyone!

MG: I was at LOW last week out of Riverbend and Glenn mentioned that Border View had moved several of there houses into the mouth of the river near Wheelers Point with the intent of catching gators. When we came off the lake on Saturday there were several guys in that area fishing tip ups. You might give Border View and call and see what they can tell you about that area and there houses. It would keep you in the area that you will be fishing wallies and saugs, without having to head west. The resort locater above will give you their phone number. If the weather stays like this you could probably fish outside withoout the house too. Just a thought, hope you get into a big one. Good luck, and hang on. Bill