• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing on Shammy??

Has anyone been fishing on shammy yet?? i fish there quite often in the summer but haven't tried it in the winter. some little tips on where to go in the winter to pick up a few eyes would be great.

[This message has been edited by Schrives21 (edited 12-22-2000).]

Schrives21,

Here's a bit of info on Shamie I passed along in a previous post. Haven't been out there this season, so I apologize for not providing timely info, but at any rate . . .

"Shamie's never really been known as a winter walleye lake. But I have talked to a few fellas over the years that claim to get big fish at first ice. Mostly, the lake's known as a crappie producer for icefishing.
I've only fished the lake on ice a few times (several years back). Did get a nice batch of crappies one of those times--on a nightbite. Guess I might stay toward the west end of the lake-- lots of nice habitat up on a big shallow flat leading into a weedy bay, then back off a nice "classic" walleye point as you head east off the shallow flat.

Should be plenty of pike along the edge (and maybe a muskie?); then if you find an inside turn along the edge, shouldn't have trouble getting a few walleye early or late in the day."

-a friend called Toad