• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A Million Dropper rig questions

How long droppers should a guy use for Winnie perch? Also, do you tie bare hooks on the dropper or a small ice jig? Do waxies work as well as minnows, minnow heads etc.? If I only use one rod is it legal to have a hook on the flasher spoon and also a hook on the dropper here in Minnesota?

Thanks, Polar Bear

Polarbear, The dropper can be 3"-5" below the attractor and can be a plain hook or a small jig. I like to use a Genz worm or a Fat Boy. If you want the bait to fall slower, use a plain hook. Experiment. Wax worms work as well as minnows or heads. I'm not sure on the rules for a hook on the attractor and on the dropper. I have seen Jigging Rap type lures with two trebles, and they remove the trebles and put two droppers.
The world according to grumpy.