• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

CatManLee

O.K. Here's my big question for the day. Has anyone seen many frogs yet? If you have where? I need to get some for cattin' and i'm having a tough time finding them. Am I going to have put on the old waders and go swampin' or what?

Any info would be very much appreciated, I need them for my next Catfish Tournament.

Thanks...

------------------
CatMan

Milkdud

I believe a lot of them froze during the cold spell.

beaverlakeman

i was out on the red here in fargo and was talkin to a guy about frogs. Told him i havent seen many at all. He said there is literally chit loads of them in north fargo.

I have never used frogs before, plus this is my first year ever fishin for cats.
All i use is goldeye, and have managed to pull atleast 1 cat 10 pounds or larger out every time i have gone down to the river.

Question is. Do frogs really make that much more of a difference?
How big does the frog have to be?
And, Do you put 1 frog on the hook?

thanks.

Also, If anyone ever wants a tag along in a boat or on shore, I would be more than willing to go. I have always fished by myself and it gets quite boring..

CatManLee

Thanks for the replies guys. And as far as frogs go for bait, I think they are the ticket in early to mid summer. Goldeye and suckers will allways catch fish, but it seems as the water warms the cats really love the frogs. Size is'nt a big deal, The bigger the better, however There is a size limit on the frogs you can use as bait in Minnesota. Well I guess I'm going swampin' for frogs on Sunday, wish me luck!

------------------
CatMan

Wiskers

Frogs are scarce up here too... very few and far between..

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

LeviM12

Try froggin around the edge of lakes were the weeds are taller. I have caught lots of frogs already just walking along lake shores were the grass is taller.

Good luck everyone

Ed Carlson

The new hatch are slower to emerge due to the wacky temps this early summer. By now with all this rain we should have frog herds ravaging the golfers on most golf corses..yet the numbers are down yet.

Frog Stomp'n has been a bit sparse yet on my favorite frog haunts. Reports are there are good numbers of hoppers in some areas to the south of the state (ND), I may need to head there to stock up? Last summer that area was thick with frogs...just nuts!

Rule of thumb is the thicker the #$%^ @%$ skitters are, the thicker them frogs will be. I think areas that get the snot sprayed out of them thins out the frog population just as quickly? So....a Shannon's Bug suit is a hopper hunters best friend...Eh. smile.gif

------------------
Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"

701-893-9107

[email protected]