• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

CatManLee

As far as I know it's all good! It's not a game fish and it's not mentioned in the fishing regs as a fish you can't use as bait.
I use cut goldeye all the time and I live in Minnesota. Again I'm not possitive, but I have had the DNR check me on the minnesota side of the river with cut goldeye sitting right next to me, and he didn't say anything. So I would assume it's fine

------------------
CatMan

fiskyknut

Levi, you are A okay to use them as cutbait as Catmanlee said. They have to be under 7 inches if you are gonna use them live though. If you are a MN resident you are allowed to use quite a few different baitfish on the Red that are no-no's for Nodak fishers.

LeviM12

Thanks guys for information, that was alot of help! The DNR has been down by the river lately and I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again

LeviM12

Quick question, if I am fishing on the Moorhead MN side is it legal or illegal to use cut up goldeye? I have heard both. Thanks guys