• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Scoot

Who can tell me anything about Brewer Lake just NW of Fargo? Is there an access for a small boat on it? What fish does it hold? Any hot tips regarding it?
Scoot

Snowman

Scoot,

Brewer has a really nice concrete ramp that should work for most any size boat, there is usually a dock there as well. As for species, walleye, trout, bluegill and crappie, maybe LM bass, but not certain on that. From what I have heard the action there is generally slow, but there are a few times during the year you can do all right.

By the way, I received some information on a good bluegill bite that is a bit Southwest of us, any chance your up for a day trip during the week next week? Shoot me an e-mail.

HEY SCOOT,
I HAPPEN TO KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS THE INSIDE SCOOP ON BREWER. DROP ME AN E-MAIL AND INCLUDE A FAX NUMBER AND I CAN HAVE A DETAILED MAP TO YOU ASAP. SOUNDS LIKE AN EVENING GET TOGETHER TO ME. LETS HOOK UP ON A CATTIN ADVENTURE SOON. LATER
BRADK

been to brewer a couple times, it was a hottie for Largemouth Bass a few years back but when I went there last year I was dissapointed, it almost seemed as if it winter killed.
I have heard over on fishingbudddy that brewer is pickin up again.
The ramp is long and a steep back down but isnt too bad and you probably could get a 16 in there but a 17 might be tough. I have never had any problems with my 14
Im thinkin I should take the fly rod down there and see what happens.

Scoot

Hey Snowman,

I have to admit that I'm not particularly interested in a bluegill trip. Never gotten too excited about them for some reason.
If, however, you're interested in a cattin' outting- that's a different deal. Give me a call if you want to go. I won't be able to go until after Sun, but next week looks good.
Scoot

saintmark

I haven't been to Brewer this year. It's not the best lake for big fish. Lot's of panfish and some walleyes. It's has a nice area to camp out at and the price is resonable, FREE. I've been there a number of time with the kids. Great place for kids to learn. If you fish "eyes", go straight out from the fishing dock. We use to fish there before they put the dock in. Would cast leeches out as far as you could and let them sit on the bottom. You can go up to the dam and fish deep for perch. Check out the

www.state.nd.us/gnf//boating/docs/brewercass.pdf

You need that acrobate reader 5.0 also. It really is a nice place the ramp is easy, go to the far side by the fishing dock, not by the swim beach. I like to go up there when the temp hits 90 plus in town. There's usually a cool breeze and it's only 30 miles away. It's a good place to catch a fish and connect with the family. Boy did that sound sappy. StM

------------------
Need trout or pike flies!
[email protected]
And good luck out there!