• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Bruce

I saw the new boat ramp on the Red at Fort Abercrombie today. It looks great. It will be nice to have access to the river in that area. Has anyone fished that area? I am anxious to give that area a try. Bruce

One down, 4 more to go, I hope.

That region is a good area Bruce, your rig will work very well on that stretch. That Rock Hopper will pay for itself darn fast.

wink.gif

Lets hope the Christien Dam section will be next.

Ed

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red

Bruce

Yes, it sure would be nice to get some more access to the Red. I would like to see the Hendrum ramp fixed. That is a great area for fishing, but it is very hard to get a boat in there now with the shape the ramp is in. Bruce

------------------

Bruce you should find some very nice SM Bass in the section near Fort Abercrombie, walleye too.

More gravel and glacial rock bars plus the odd island to fish.

Certainly not a area for big boats in the fall but river rat rigs will work great.

Smithwicks, Bombers, and 1/4 oz jigs with 4" Tri-Alive Sassy shad bodys would be high on my list of tricks on that section of river.

We might just have to wonder down that way some time soon? Sounds like a fun trip and maybe a piggy hunt in the making.

Ed

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red

Bruce

That sounds like fun Ed. let's plan on heading down there sometime this Fall. Bruce