• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Scoot

"FISHING THE MIDWEST" with Bob Jensen on the Red river.

Scoot

Ed,

I'm exactly the kind of person who you are describing working on in your post. I started out as kind of a walleye snob, then get into some bass fishing too, then finally my brother got me going on catfishing and I've loved it ever since. Ten years ago I'd have never imagined I'd be catching catfish and loving it!

Do me a favor and look at my questions in response to your shadrap response in the equipment forum, please.
I'd imagine your schedule is still a mess, huh? Probably will remain that way for a couple of months, I'd imagine. If you get a free night and are looking for a fishing companion, give me a hollar.
Scoot

I would like to say how much of a distinct pleasure it was to recently fish with Bob Jensen, Steve Smith from “Berkley”, and Bob’s producer at "FISHING THE MIDWEST" Bill Coit here on the Red River of the North.

Bob as I have always suspected is as nice of a guy in person as he comes off as on his show, yup he is, and a true professional. I hope to see Bob up here again soon to chase another prime Red River sumo walleye fall pattern we discussed while fishing catfish on the Red. It was a real pleasure to film an upcoming show to be aired some time this coming season with two professionals like Bob and Bill.

I think catfish, walleye, and river fans will find it educational, informative, as well as entertaining. Some bonus walleye footage may just pop up in there too. That will keep the WC.COM fans tuned in, fans who may not, as of yet, joined the growing catfish crowd. I am relentless in trying to convert hesitant catfisherman or catfisherwemon; others are teetering on the edge of admitting they too enjoy catfishing.

Steve Smith of “Berkley” as a avid angler and sportsman provided tons of great information on attributes of new “Hot” lines as well as other great products the avid fisherman will find hard to live without. From hot new rods and reels to new virtually indestructible “IRONsilk” mono line, (Super line that I will be sure to keep spooled up); to the newest hot ticket to handle big fish, and also new productive no muss no fuss "Power Baits" for catfish. It comes as no surprise that “Berkley” is on the cutting edge with useful and productive products. I hope to lure Steve back up to do some fishing and hunting in the future. What a great guy!

If that was not enough you get to finally see who this Backwater Eddy guy really is, bet-ja-yust can’t wait…..Eh...UF-DA!

Thanks again Bob, Steve, and Bill it was a fun day of fishing on the Red River of the North, ya all come back soon now…ya hear?

~~~~~~~~~~

(PS) Bob I did hear a funny story about some guy in khaki shorts and a "FISHING THE MIDWEST" T-shirt herding a bunch of frogs across 1st Ave North headed for the Red River in Fargo at about 3:30 in the AM.

Reports were this mystery guy was shouting something like "Run..Your free..Run "Big Burt" Run... Run for your lives guys, quick guys before Backwater gets here."

Hummm......I wonder who that might have been?

wink.gif

Ed Carlson
(AKA) Backwater Eddy…..><sUMo>

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

CANOPY SAM

I'm anxious to see the show! I worked with Bob years back at Camp Fish outta Walker, and he is a really nice guy. Pretty decent fisherman as well. I'm glad to see he's doin' so well in the world of fishing!

Ed --

Let us know when the show is to air. I suspect it will be winter viewing.

You are quite right about the Berkley (or Pure Fishing) folks. I've had the pleasure of fishing with some of them and can underscore your strong endorsement. Their field staff is superb, as I learned by testing Frenzy lures with Barry Day before they went on the market, and fishing with some others, including PWT pro Eric Naig.

I might add, that it is a pleasure to fish with you, too.