• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Red report and a brush with a fellow fisherman

Hey Scoot-
I saw your brothers post that you guys bought a boat. I own the same boat, but mine is a '99. I beat my boat to death on Leech at the tournament this past weekend. I think you'll be very happy with it and you got a good deal. I'll keep my eyes open and see if I ever run into you with that rig.

I have been getting into the river fishing thing too and I am going to buy a duck/river boat tomorrow night. I'm buying it from a fellow FishingMN forum'er too. I'm pretty pumped because I can't take my big boat on the Red, and I really want to get into this catfishing thing. I like fishing from a boat than from the shore any day.
If your ever looking for fishing company, let me know.

Hay Scoot it was very cool to bump into you and Rod last night.

Nice to put a face to a name, and I hope my face was not too scary.

I was a bit tiered last night from a long week and was pumped for a few days off to relax and fish. I do want to hit the river with you soon, or later, or both.

Then there is today........

Due to the events of today I spent most of the day in shock while trying to sort out my emotions and make some kind of cents of this world we live in. So far I have not gained any ground in my search.

I always fail to estimate correctly mans ability to be cruel to his fellow man. I am heart sick for the many who suffer from the events that have past today.

I am now just emotionally numb, I feel the need for a river to heal me, if only temporarily.

What a tragic day!

Scoot

I fished the north dam last night and was totally shut out. Had one bite and lost it before I got a good look at it. Word is the fish are starting to go a little bit on the river, but my luck stayed consistent. I retain the title "black cloud".
However, after a couple of years of chatting with him online, I finally met Backwater Eddie. I gave him a handshake and BS'd him for a while- it was good to meet him. That's one thing about this forum, you meet a lot of people who you never know where or when you might bump into them in the real world- it's pretty cool. Thanks for the info and the conversation, Ed, I enjoyed it. I was serious about the offer regarding goose hunting and I would happily team up with you if you ever need a fishing partner. After today or tomorrow I might even have a new boat (new to us at least) to fish out of- pretty pumped about it!
Scoot

Scoot those other 2 areas we talked about are now pumping out some SUMO piggy walleye.

Especially the one about 14 miles South of were we met the other day.

I caught a 10.7 & a 9.6 tonight, on 6" cranks, in less then 3'of water.

Piggy's on the prowl..........><, ,>

Rick

I hope you have pics Ed...can you send em to me?

Sorry no pic's, I was alone and my camera was in the boat anyway. I guess you just need to take my word for it.

More were they came from, maybe next time?

Piggy's all look alike anyway.

wink.gif

Scoot

Ed,

Thanks for the report- I'll try to check it out as soon as my schedule allows.
I spoke to my dad about the rehandling of your rod- no problem. If you need a quick turnaround (maybe a couple of days) we'll have to do a little planning because he's been really busy with "stuff". If there's no big rush I can take it whenever and get it back to you in a week or two.
Let me know.
Scoot

Cool Thank's Scoot.

It is no mad rush deal for me but I would like to get it to you soon so he can have it on hand when he finds time to fix my piggy stick. I would like to have it if possable before I go to Canada in mid October hunting a SUMO greenbackius piggyus-a-souris's.

Rod really does some VERY nice work on rods! (no pun intended)

I would trust any of his creations on a world record fish any day!

Thank's again Scoot!

ED

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson
Backwater Guiding Service
10409 Co. Rd #17 S
Horace, ND. 58047

[email protected]

1-(701)-281-2300

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 09-17-2001).]