• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone been out in the Fargo area lately? What's the word? I'm planning on getting out later this week so I'll give my report then. In the mean time, what do people have to offer?
Scoot

Looks to be a go at all the boat ramps in the Wahpeton & Fargo Moorhead area parks as of yesterday 05/24/01.

It may be a very wise idea to take it cool tell you see what new hazards have popped up on the Red. This year a lot of stuff has moved around on the river, sand bars, deadheads, and fall away tree's.

One constant on rivers is change, always a new structure to fish, ya Gota love it!

Fishing has been improving all up and down the Red and it's tributaries. We should see exceptional channel cat fishing in the weeks to come prior to there spawn. Cutbait's and paste baits seem to be the ticket on slip rigs.

Walleye fishing has been spotty but improving in the twilight hours. Crankbaits have been producing more walleye in recent nights with jigs the norm during the daylight hours. Jigs worked tight to structure and flooded grassy shoreline areas tipped with a minnow or leach can be very productive as are floating jigheags.

Have a fun and safe holiday weekend and drive and boat safely, save the party for the campfire and not on the road or waterways of the region.

Good fishing!

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
><ED ON THE RED>
[email protected]
(701)-671-3079

Hi Scoot and all.

I fished the walk bridge Memorial park area and caught a 5 lb channel. I also had a run and broke my line. I fish very heavy gear and not too often that happens.

I was at the North dam and were a bunch of people on the Fgo. side. One guy and his son on the Mhd. side. Just too high for now there. The Fgo side is fishable but the river is realy fast.

Down here I tried crawlers for goldeye for bait but nothing. I caught the cat on chicken liver.

Like Ed says plugs and jigs mebe as hard to hold the bottom without heavy sinkers. 3 0zs wouldn't hold in the channel.

Mebe tonight if not too muddy. Would like to catch some cats before they spawn. That rain spell made it pretty muddy. Didn't raise the river tho.

Good fishing to all!