• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Say Eddy you mention something about current breaks by a deep bends and drops into the channel. Can this be better explained? what exactly are you talking about. My largest last fall was 25 1/2" from the fargo area. Where can I post my pic? CPR..... Catch, Photo, Release

I was commenting on the base of the drop into a channel near major river bends. This time of year you need to be tight to the drop and as much as possable out of the main current flow.

You could email your scanned photo to the contact address on the main page. It may be possable to have it posted, I am not responsible for posting pic's on the site but give it a shot.

Good to see it was a CPR, Ata-boy/girl!

BE...><ND>

ED,
Man I'm still pretty worked up about the post you made a few days ago about 16 lb. + walleyes netted out of the big Red. Is that true? Are you talkin' our stretch of river between Whapeton (did I spell that right?) and Pembina? I've fished the old muddy since college for big cats, occasional wild sauger runs at Drayton, and assorted eye's and what not, but I never imagined walleyes that big in the southern stretch of river. I fished Selkirk last fall. Are those "greenbacks" you're referring to? I can believe any size walleye is possible up there. Have you seen the pictures of the fish on the wall at the bait shop in downtown Selkirk? Every die hard angler in the world should see that just once. Mind boggling!!! Tell me more about Red River walleyes. You can probably tell by my ramblings that my curiosity is peaking. I've been a true river rat since I was 7 years old - I'll never change..

------------------
FOREVER WISHIN'FOR MORE FISHIN' }<//)"~>

Well put it this way. I released a 15+ in the Wahpeton area, is that far enough South on the Red for you? Not much farther North a year later I choked on netting a walleye that made that one look small in comparison.
There are huge walleye all up and down the system with the larger majority seen in the Canadian end of the Red, but not all of them.

Walleye in the 30-35" range have been caught or test netted all up and down the river so work on high percentage areas at high percentage times and you may find one.

That is my method, hit them when there hot. Concentrate on peek areas, feed them big, they eat big because they can see big better.

Good hunting!

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
><ED ON THE RED>
[email protected]
(701)-671-3079

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 02-21-2001).]

I really like to hear about the big 'ol gals being caught on the mighty Red. I'd have to agree with Ed on his idea of "tight to those breaks" (and in some cases in the front of bumps/or/humps) with bigger chartreuse jigs (over 1oz.) with big shiners/whitefish as bait. The only other thing to add is that the big gals don't come all at once but require "time" on the water (hard or soft).
Dan
(Cat Eye Outfitter www.geocities.com/dkiazyk2000)