• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Red River Fishing Lockport to Lake Winnipeg

Only been out four times on the Red this yaer, fished mostly by the steam plant and up around Netley. I was able to catch 15 fish most of them freshwater burbot. I never seen so many in the Red before. Ice on the Red was about 2 feet thick in most areas with about a foot of snow on top. I used mostly 1/4 or 1/8 oz jigs with salted minnows. Bright colors green, orange, and pink seem to work best for me. I think I might try to get out to Backwater Eddys favorite spot tommorow I have fished there with many good results in past years. With the "frazzle ice" it might be a little tricky getting too. Hope that the fish pickup this week I am in search of that monster walleye. The biggest one I ever caught was only 25" in length caught by the steam plant last year. I heard that a 35" walleye was pulled out there earlier this year. Anyone with any tips or reports please keep us posted.

Good Luck to all,
And stay safe!

Lockport Lance.

Be safe man!

All them Maria in the system may be a good sign? Must mean food, that means the piggy walleye will not be too far behind!

The night bite or early morning feed is a good bet especially into Feb/March on the Red.

Thank's for the report, keep on the fish Lance.

BE.........><,,>