• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Webster Bay / Big Sandy

Hello, just wanted to know if anyone has had any luck in Webster Bay this year. My Family just bought a cabin on the south side of the bay, so I was wondering if anyone had any advise regarding that area. It doesn't matter the species of fish either. I know there's an island in the middle that gets to around 9 ft, has anyone tried fishing there? Any help or advise would be appreciated. We'll be up there this weekend getting the cabin situated, but would love to do some fishing too.
Thanks for any help you can give me!
fishhollwood

Thanks for all the great information. I've also notice that that area does get busy during the day. That hump in the middle, if I can ask, what kind of fish have you guys caught there and what usually works for bait or tackle. If you guys would rather email me please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks again for all your help. My wife and I will also be up there this weekend with my parents.

Thanks again!
Jeff

Fish. what does your cabin look like? I'm trying to picture witch one it is.

SF,
All I remembered was it was down from hillcrest next to a pink cabin
and huskies tied up on the beach. I went in the vicinity and had my kid
holler out Scumfrog and hoped you would answer?

fish,
I am mainly a Wally Dog guy. Lndys and jigs. I will get ahold of you later this week when I know my schedule better.

Scumfrog-

If your looking south at the bay, we have the cabin that is hardest to see because of trees and branches. We plan to clear some of that out this next weekend. The cabin has wood siding, and is right next to this cement boat storage. That area has been all cleared out by the looks of it. We were told a realator had purchased the land and wants to build a big cabin there.

Does that help?

not really. is you place past the Y in the road?

Sand, We have the place with the red boathouse on the beach, and 2 docks on eather side of the beach. (red cabin.)

Do you know where Rich and Mary Reynolds have their cabin? They are good friends of ours. We are two cabins away from them toward the bar. I really don't know the directions via the road since I've only taken it once and it was dark.

We are two cabins before the point that goes into Floe's bay(what a cabin!).

Does that help?

Yes we know them. (kinda) Then you must have heard of the Ellings? Thats my brother-in-law. Well I'm off to my other job, I'll check back after 8 tonight.

Are the Ellings from Mora? If so, Parents know them too. I think the cabin is next door the Ellings.

Small world

Fish,
It depends if willys gets my boat done by this weekend. But if I come up would you like to come out and fish with me? Scum your invited too if you make it up. It sounds like you guys are pretty close to each other as far as cabins go and I am right around the corner at eagle point. I should know by thursday if they will have it done.

Last weekned I put 4 keepers in the boat between 14~17 inches. I had my best luck mid morning but that means nothing if this hot weather keeps up. I usually try to fish friday night when I get up to the camper also. Seems to be less boats on the water.

Chime in boys lets see what we can get going.

Would be fun, but I think I'll be working on the cabin most of the weekend. Maybe later on this summer we'll have to get together. Make sure you check back here and let us know how you did this coming weekend. If I get a chance to get out I'll let you know how we did.
fishhollwood

What point are you one? I have a place on that bay also. What cabin?

I don't know the area very well, but we are around 15 cabins from this bar on the southside. Acoss from Ingamunson's Island. We are only a couple cabins away from the point between Ingamunson's Island and land.

Does that help at all?

Yeah. We are the last drive way just before you go up the hill on the dirt road from Hillcrest Resort.

Fish,
I enjoy fishing websters but I usually reserve it for mornings or evenings. What I dont like about it is there seems to be a ton of boat traffic around the humps you speak of. For me its a great place to start until the traffic picks up. I should be up this weekend also.

Scumfrog,
Was over looking for you friday night. Did'nt see any dogs on the beach so I assume you werent up? I was bored and just cruising......

I didn't have the dogs. The wife took them home. I was up all last week with my kids. I'm going to try and get this weekend off, if I do I might have to head up and hook up with you guys. The reason that bay gets all the boat traffic is Hillcrest has gas and it's almost all ways the calmest bay on the lake.

Sand did you know what place is ours?

Fish, not the ones from Mora. And you can't work all weekend on the cabin, LOL. Sand, I don't know if I can get out of work this weekend yet. But if I do we'll get together for sure. Have you been into Atkin lake yet? We went there on Thursday morning and didn't get any thing. Hay how old is your son. Mines 13 just and gets bored up there. Maybe the 2 of them could hang out. Does your son like dirt bikes? Or do you have a 4-wheeler? I got my boy a dirt bike.

[This message has been edited by SCUMFROG (edited 07-13-2004).]

Hey SCUMFROG,

That's almost exactly where our cabin is. We are the third from the resort towards the hill.

WebDude

My Fishing Pals

[This message has been edited by webdude (edited 07-13-2004).]

[This message has been edited by webdude (edited 07-13-2004).]

Webdude, do you know who I am? Do I know you.. If you read my posts you'll know who I am.

Not sure who you are. I don't spend much time at this forum. I just check it out once in a while. I have my own website with my own forum. In fact, I am a member of about 8 different forums that I check once in a while.

My brother and dad own the big log cabin by you. If that gives you a hint. We have owned that property since '67.

WebDude
My Fishing Pals

[This message has been edited by webdude (edited 07-14-2004).]

Not to be mean or any thing. But your brother has a girls name, right. We took him out fishing saturday on the pontoon. I was over there saturday after noon looking for a 19mm socket to fix our boat lift.

You Betchya. He has a girlie name. Pontoon huh? I think I know who you are. I have a chat room and forum also on my site. You should log in and post some stuff... Just type in My Fishing Pals at google.com and you can find me. It's the first result.

WebDude

My Fishing Pals

I got a picture of you on my site I think. You can find it.

WebDude

My Fishing Pals

Scum, fish, Webdude,
Things look good that I will be up on friday and the boat will be done! Let me know if you guys will be up and if you want to fish.

Sand, I'm hopping I can get up there. And would like to hit the lake with you.

Not sure if I am going to make it. My wife really wants to go to Mille Lacs. We'll see what happens.

WebDude

My Fishing Pals

Hay Fish. Were you raking the beach by your dock Sunday? I pulled up with the pontoon and beeped the horn but you did hear it. Are you going to be up this weekend?

Frog- Yes, that was us. I was up there with my wife and my parents. I believe my parents will be up there again with my sister and her two little ones. I don't know if we are heading up there again. I would like to head up there considering we worked all last weekend, and I really need a weekend to play around and relax.
Take care,
jeff

If I hear a honk, I'll make sure to wave.

I'll show you around the lake. I don't know it that good but I know were some fish are. Let me know so I can look for you. If you see a pontoon parked out in the middle of the bay, most likly that's us.