• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Farm Island...Hot Bite!

The rock bass are on fire on Farm Island! There BIG too! And there everywhere!

Be prepared if fishing walleyes. Used 4 dozen redtails way to fast especially at 8 bucks a dozen. They loved my leeches even more.

Jeff S

Did you get any Walleye. I am going to a Cabin on that lake in two weeks, and was woundering what to expect for walleyes. Can a guy troll plugs and stay away from the bass? Any info would be greatly appreciated never been there before.

I talked to the owner of Sunset View in the spring about getting an RV into a spot there. It didn't work out for us but found out the guy was really nice. He and his family are relocated from New Jersey. I have yet to stop in and talk with them. We have a cabin on a nearby lake. I think we are gonna go out there this weekend and try forthe night bite.

They seem like good folks. She cut us a great deal on a nicer cabin and said she wouldnt charge us for using boat landing or docking bost. Which doesnt seem like much but hey, a buck is a buck. We may get one for the rest of the season if the weekend goes well. *fingers crossed*

------------------
"Fear No Fish"

I'll be up there the weekend of the 17th, rented a cabin at Summer Breeze Resort (used to be Sunset View). Haven't fished he lake since I was a kid. Dad and I used to catch alot of eyes out there. Really lookin forward to it. Any help with a decent fishing hole would be great.

Thanks

------------------

"Fear No Fish"

my girlfriends parents have a trailer they own in there, great place, every august they have a tournament for all sorts of species, great place to be, you will like it, i plan on being up there at about 11pm on saturday night after work. I will be in a red lund rebel, as you go in the trailer is the log sided one right before the playground, red s10 is my truck, hope to chase the eyes in the evenings but bass are the priorities, swing in I can show you a spot that is catching nice eyes while fishing bass on a drop shot rig, the spot is only about 15 x 20, pretty small area but a ton of fun!
Best fishes
Chris

Another thing, if for some reason Im not the only red lund rebel out there, like lunds are not popular up there, I am either wearing Signature tackle pro shirt and hat in red white and blue, or I am decked out in clothing from my work,(sportsmens wharehouse)
Best Fishes
Chris

Wow, thanks Chris. Which weekend will you be there? I wont be up there unstil the 16th. Staying thru Sunday the 18th.

Which Sportsmans Warehouse do you work at? Coon Rapids or St. Cloud?

I might be up there then I dont know, we usually just bob up there every once anda while, I work at the one in coon rapids.
best fishes
chris

I hit the Sportsmans Whse quite often. I live in Elk River so its just stone throw for me. I'm about to go on a big shopping spree there as I justtled my personal injury case. Buying a new boat and gettin some goodies too smile.gif.

If ya get to Summer Breeze that weekend, we will be in one of the bigger newer cabins. Blue Suburban and ared lund rebel.

gr & dadshamp....The walleyes have been hit or miss for me with most of the fish caught in the 16"-19" release slot. Keep about 3 for every 10 you catch. The eye's are getting deeper but some can still be caught on the weed edges. It has been a below average bite for me this year but there are still a few to be had.

Good luck!
Jeff S

dadshamp, you've got mail.
Best Fishes
Chris

Thanks Chris. I'll be stopping in this week some time and loading up. Maybe have you point out a few spots on the lake map book for me.

Side note, THESE FORUMS ROCK!...LOL

My Suburban has been in the shop getting a new transmission and I have not been able to do much fishing due to a shoulder, neck and back injury combined with my small boat makes things a bit uncomfortable after a short amount of time. After settling my personal injury case, I figured, "Screw it. I deserve a new boat and gear!!" Mama agrees smile.gif She loves to fish too! lucky me. Anyway, thanks everyone for a great forum and excellent advice. It's got he blood boiling again and am really looking forward to using the advise that ya'll have given me.

See ya on the water!

Jim

------------------
"Fear No Fish"

Well here is my report, saturday morning woke up and fished bass on topwaters for two hours caught six, pretty slow only hits were in 6 to 8 feet of water, lost one that was probably 5 pounds boatside, nice little tail dance on the water and 3/8oz terminator buzz bait coming back at me. few northerns, pretty slow, did a couple of parties and pig roasts, then went for a boat ride in the little red speed boat if any of you are familiar with seeing that, which was fun, went back out and girlfriend wanted to fish sunnies, so we went behind johnson point and she caught enough sunnies to eat her heart out, 9 or ten bass, all nice ones, caught on senkos and white terminator, same as the morning ones. and one huge dogfish. Went in for a while putzed, went back out to ruby's for a little over an hour until we got chased out by the rain. caught 8 bass in the "slop" which wasnt much of slop on wiggle wogs, which worked excellent.
sunday morning went out with the whole family to chase some eyes out by the island, very windy and rough, but in 42 minutes we boated 5 fish four in the slot an one keeper, a couple of northerns.
Went out after dinner then by ruby's fishing an nice break, three hours we caught six walleyes one 23,21,18,17,16 and one 15.5 more northerns. so it was a fun night. all of our fish were caught in atleast 26 feet of water except the 23 and 21 which were caught on the top of the bar.
here is my email, drop me a line if you have any questions or need to be shown a few spots for any species. huskiesplayer15 at yahoo.com.
best fishes
chris

I work tonight 4 to 8, at mille lacs wednesday and Farm island friday night after mille lacs. Did you sell your smaller boat then?
Best Fishes
Chris

I have a guy interested in it but Im not sure how serious he is. It's just a V16 Alumacraft with a 20hp Chrysler. Runs great, just not real functional for me due to my injury.

Jim

Chad

I'll be either on the Farm or on Pelican this weekend, or maybe Mille Lacs muskie fishing this weekend but I'm leaning toward the Farm.

I haven't caught a walleye shallower than 20' in three weeks.

Jeff S

Hey Guy's,

Have been killing the eye's for over 30 years on Farm Island,, did it again last weekend. Nice to find this place,,

Hey guys, where have youu been catching your eyes? You said 26 feet, cause I have been catching all mine in 16 feet. I've been up there fishing the last 4 or 5 weekends and the lake has been really nice fishing. The northerns are hitting non-stop. It seams like on anything white works well. Its been a great year. Ill be up the rest of the summer almost every weekend to my cabin. thanks

------------------
eat, fish, try to sleep

If anyone can give me some specifics I would greatly appreciate it. Im not a guy who is able to hit the lake every weekend, but would really like a decent weekend in my new boat. (gotta convince Mama that the new boat and sonar are worth the investment...lol) e-mail me at [email protected] with anything that would help.

This forum rocks, you guys rock. smile.gif

THANKS!!!

Jim

------------------
"Fear No Fish"

Chad
are you related to Scott Anderson?
Best Fishes
chris

dadshamp, jeff s, greg, you all got mail, if I sent it right, oh and I will be out there tonight too!
Best fishes
chris

Chris, I stopped at Sportsmans Warehouse in Coon Rapids...was in fishing department and asked for you...(first and last name)...they looked at me like I was either stoned, stupid, or both. They said they didnt know of anyone there by that name....lol

Jim

------------------
"Fear No Fish"

I work in camping, not fishing.
Best Fishes
Chris

Caught 4 last saturday, 1 was a keeper. It has slowed down a bit. I may be there saturdat A.M. but then again I may change my focus to Mille Lacs muskies.

I was fishing up there for the last 3 day and only seen 3 Walleye. Very Very slow. I have never seen so many bait fish.