• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

South of Cow Bay in 9 to 14 ft. of water. Near 9 if windy, near 14 if calm. If windy, drift. If calm, troll. Use a spinner with a leech. Firetiger, orange/yellow, copper, or gold. Good luck.

how have the crappies and walleyes been biting up there?im heading up a week from thursday.

i'll be up a week from thursday.wondering how th crappies and walleyes are biting?

we were ther 2 days ago and it was decent we got some fish right on the edge of the weeds by the no. landing and someon the humps straight out of the north landing and we got some on the big point striaght out from the south landing
mostly with jig and minnow from 8ft all the way down to 118 ft
good luck
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

thanks for the reply Jason. what size and color jig do you use on bowstring lake? are these landings you talk about close to snug harbor by water? do you have any openings next week? thanks again for helping us. dale

26 walleyes in four days mid June on jig and shiner, 2 guys. 30 walleyes in four days mid July on spinner and leech, 2 guys. Jason, would like to take you out walleye fishing soon. Won't charge you much. Keep smiling and practice catch and release!

A good weekedn of fishing for 3 of us this weekend. Worked mostly the north end of the lake. Found some Crappie on a 15 foot hump out in front of Snug Harbor. We weoud get 2 or three then they would stop. We would go and chase some Walleye go back there and there would be a few more. Caught many walleye most good eater size but some as small as 10 in. also het 2 20 in fish and one about 26. Moving slow and feeding out line when you felt andy weaght on your line. We had to realy feed the line out it seemed. We kept worring about gut hooking them but it didn't happen. We had hits from 15 to 22 FOW on 4 Ft to 6Ft lindys with leaches getting the more aggresive bites but I think about the same amount of fish were gotten on cralwlers. Also one BIG Sunfish it was bigger than my hand! I don't see many sunnies on Bowstring.
Of course ther was the constant small pike to deal with.
and does anyone know what the deal is with the snails? You'd feel weight on our line think here we go mess around mess areoud and give up to fined a snail on your line.
What gives with them the shore line is covered with shells.

------------------
Crappie it's not just a fish it's a attitude!

IBOT #23

• 2 weeks later...

thanks to everyone on the bowstring lake information. my wife and i had a great time.we had a good fish fry,took some home,and released a 27 inch walleye and a 22 inch walleye.we will come back.

• The title was changed to Bowstring Lake FISHING REPORTS
  • The topic was unlocked