• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

anyone been out on Eagle Lake lately?

------------------
Diplomacy - The art of saying "nice doggie" while you find a rock.

• 3 weeks later...

bump....gonna be there this weekend just wondering if i should even bother bringing the rod if i am gonna fish from shore

I really doubt if you'll do anything from shore (but who knows). The way it's playing out around here, there might even be some shore-ice on a lot of lakes this coming weekend. My fall crappies on Eagle are usually out in the deep water, like 26 or more feet. Good luck.........G.C.

• 4 weeks later...

Greg....Were the crappies on Eagle not in their usual locations or did you fish to shallow? First ice locations have been the same for the last 20 years for me, I can't imagine the fish have relocated. Popular to contrary belief! Last years ice pressure did not effect the fishery.

Alaskander70: I didn't fish too shallow. That's for sure. We checked out all the so-called "normal" deep-water fall spots, along with some medium-to-shallow areas, and found nothing. I've had this happen a couple times on Eagle. Just one of those things. They're somewhere where I just can't locate them. I've had other fall lakes do this to me. Others, however, are way too predictable. First-ice is usually a different story. Same old spots, without fail. Have a GREAT thanksgiving and stay dry........Greg C. (heading out this morning to do some ice-checking and perhaps a little fishing before we go to work on that big turkey!)