• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone ever fished Little American Falls on the BigFork river. It is north of Effie. I saw some Poeple fishing from shore with Large Suckers last weekend and I am curious if any has ever caught any thing there.

big island dude,

I've floated the Little Fork (sorry guys, my error, I'm thinking of the Bigfork river) a few times from just north of Bigfork to quite a ways downstream. We've done reasonably well for muskie, walleye and northern. Some areas have smallmouth but we haven't caught any, or really tried to.

It's a fun little river to fish, I'd highly recommend it!

[This message has been edited by sloopjont (edited 09-04-2003).]

[This message has been edited by sloopjont (edited 09-05-2003).]

i was up there this morning with a buddy. bunk--notta--zippo. i hate it when that happens. the first thing we tried was setting a sucker 3 feet down from a beach ball, and setting it through the drift from the falls down through the pool. several times. then we went down on the north end of the pool and casted spinners with suckers up towards the rocks and in all directions. nothing then another hour of bobber sets. oh well, at least the beer at richies was ice cold smile.gif

------------------
summer is just the dog days of winter jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

Hey Dave! What were you fishing for on the Littlefork? Goin' after big northern or the muskies?

I have fished it many times. The pool below the falls can hold some nice fish. I have caught walleye up to 6 pounds and a 13 pound muskie. It seems that fishing is best there when the water in the river is low. I would say, if you are in the area, it is worth a try.

Hey Jiggle, I was in Richies the same day as you and your right the beer was cold. And hey, if you hit happy hour it's cheaper too!!!!

We were in Ritchie's on Thurs. also. Fished Winnie Thurs. & Fri. and LOW on Sat. No wind on Thurs. made fishing tough but the other 2 days we did good. (: Stan C.