• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

juggs

Coming up next week for vacation and hoping to find anything from bass (SM and LM) to walleyes to panfish. Any suggestions on what's going best? And to the posters of the Turtle Lake thread, are the smallies going good there now and which part of the lake would be the best place to start?

Greg Clusiau

Juggs,

The crappies are starting to "drop down" to deeper water on some of the lakes. I fished last night and found fish all over. Some were still relating to the weeds in 10' while others were located in a mid-lake basin of 20'. Check out the smaller lakes first for this happening.

Also, big pike should be up shallow and on the prowl. Cast big lures near major weed beds. Oh yeah, HANG ON!

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

BIG ISLAND DUDE

I was up in the marcell area last weekend and caught some real nice smallies, including an 16 incher, they were on shallow rocks 8'-2', points and in between islands. they were biteing on raps and small shiners. the best bite was in the mornin 6am-9am. caught a couple nice crappies in about 8' of water in a channel between an island and the main shore, they were biting in the evening on small fatheads. Trolling rapalas, throwing spoons and fishing suckers under a bobber, along moderate to deep weed beds are always a good bet for PIKE. They should move a tad bit shallower in the evening with the cool weather.

As for turtle lake..

Fish the rocky points. There is rocky sunkin island near gov's point that has produced for me in the past. I havent been there in a while so I am not sure what it has been like lately.

GOOD LUCK!

------------------
I never vote for, I alawys vote against

gkl

Greg, You mentioned that big pike should be up shallow. Does that hold true for large lakes like Pokegama? I didn't think they came up shallow until mid to late October.