• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anything biting on pokegema. heading up for a family reunion and would rather spend the day fishing! any info from a fellow fm'er would be appreciated.

------------------
"Fishing is a condition of the mind in which one cannot possibly have a bad time."
idratherbefishing

I was on Pokeg last Friday night, ran crankbaits from 8 to 10:30PM on Windigo Arm - didn't catch a walleye. Hmph. Marked a ton of fish off the breaks in 27 feet of water. Tried going after those fish in the early AM w/ spinners and crawlers. Again, no fish. We ended up pulling some cranks along the shoreline to nab some pike. Ended up catching a few around 24 inches and a couple smallies.

I was there yesterday and did pretty fair. we boated 9 walleyes and 6 nice Northerns. a ton of bass some real nice smallies, in a 1\2 day. I was jigging on the edge of the weeds around the islands and by the rocks off kings landing.hope that this haelps
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

I am coming up for the labor day weekend. Wondering where the walleyes have been on Pokegema? What has everyone been using. I did well on Crappie and Bass a couple of weeks ago yet wondering about the walleye?

for the walleyes I have been using a 1/4oz fireball or gumball jig with a shiner minnow. on the edge of the weeds sometimes you are even in the weeds and the walyeyes are there. the weed line in pokie is deep like 15-19 ft so you have to go down deep. also look for the good weeds the cabbage not the short little sand grass you see on the depth finder but the ones that take up the whole screen. hope that helps
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]