• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi all! My family will be in Minnesota the 21-28 and Will be staying at the Satko's resort. I was wondering about the fishing in the Fawn Lake, Deer Lake, and Moose Lake.
And any other lakes that are in that area.
Any advice would be great!!
Thanks, shortcake grin.gif

Shortcake, you will enjoy your stay in the area. Deer and Moose are full of walleyes, but are usually a evening bite. If you are looking to catch any fish during the day stay deep on Deer (20-30 ft). They slide up shallow at night. Anyway the Muskie fishing should start heating up on both lakes including Fawn. As for other lakes in the area. Wabana is about 8 Miles away and Winnie is about 25 miles away. Other than that there are about 100 little lakes to fish or explore...You can even try Little Moose for muskie or walleyes. Hope this helps!!

Thanks Guys for your reply!! Can't wait to hit the lakes!! We have tell Friday so any other advice??? Anyone??
Thanks Shortcake

Had great luck on Fri. & Sat on Little Moose.Early afternoon. Caught some good crappies and some great bass.I was on Deer sunday for smallmouth. It was good through the early part of the afternoon. Caught them in about twentyfive feet on shad raps and white jigs. And the trought fishing on our mine pits is starting to get good too.Hope to hear you have a great time.