• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

we are coming up to the area for memorial day weekend staying at ball club lake, but want to try bowstring for perch and maybe crappie. where should i start for the perch?
in muskrat or duck pass bay, or go to the north shore where people ice fish for perch
and just move shallower towards shore? are the crappies in the same areas. don't worry about my son and i hammering the crappies as we are also considering cut foot or a run up to url for crappies.

Try Cow Bay on the southwest side of Bowstring in the evening for crappies. As for URL, they're slamming them right now along the shorelines in about 5 feet of water. I talked to a local guide the other day and him and his boys hammered them, they're really black to so they must be spawning or possibly just getting done. He said he was bobber fishing w/ chubs. Set the bobber about 2-3 feet from the hook, any lower and you'll be getting "bugged" by those walleyes and perch.

bmc

I was told the crappie were biting so we went out Saturday and fished the shallows by both bays. We caught one nice perch and tons of really small northern. They were all over the shallows. Hope you have better luck than we did!!!