• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

gkl

I'm wondering if Bigjim or anybody else would give me an idea when and where to try for spring crappie on Pokegama. King's Bay? How about for Walleye? I'm trying to plan some time up north so any help would be appreciated!

the harbor at troop town is a good spot got to go in with a boat they closed the dock to foot travel a few years ago. kings bay is also an excellent choice.

I agree troop town marina good for early crappies..start shallow, the harbor part of the marina is 2-5' deep...ice jig under small bobber work around docks/jetties...this drops very quickly into 30+' of water, big females will suspend deeper

What is the water temp on Pokegema? Have the Crappies moved in as of yet?

ice cleared wednesday eve...shallows should be warming quickly..main lake going to be awhile

temp at troop town around 42 degrees, not much activity on friday...west end at kings cove 51 degrees, crappies were still schooled in deeper water..

gkl

Thanks for the help! I'll be up next Thursday, hopefully the crappies will be hitting then. Any tips for me for walleye on opener? Are they up on the flat between Drumbeater and Nesbitt early in the year?